Help a noob out?

I am new, like the first plane and am stuck with something so simply It's probably an easy fix but I desperately need help. I am building a might mini arrow (radical edition?), and I have gotten to the part where I am installing the mower pod, and he just shows the motor attached to what looks like velcro ad gives no instruction how to get there or where he even got that all from. I am very confused and I can send pictures of all of my stuff f need be. If there was some part the company was supposed to send and didn't that maybe it because they sent me 2 right wings the first time around instead a left and a right-wing so they may have also screwed up the power pack since I am noticing a few things are missing that was said to be in there but nothing of importance.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I am new, like the first plane and am stuck with something so simply It's probably an easy fix but I desperately need help. I am building a might mini arrow (radical edition?), and I have gotten to the part where I am installing the mower pod, and he just shows the motor attached to what looks like velcro ad gives no instruction how to get there or where he even got that all from. I am very confused and I can send pictures of all of my stuff f need be. If there was some part the company was supposed to send and didn't that maybe it because they sent me 2 right wings the first time around instead a left and a right-wing so they may have also screwed up the power pack since I am noticing a few things are missing that was said to be in there but nothing of importance.

If I read your post right, then I believe you are having trouble finding directions on how to build the Power Pod. If so, here is a video that shows you how. Josh Bixler is a great teacher!

https://www.flitetest.com/articles/mighty-minis-power-pod-build

I hope everything goes well!

-Jeremy

Post again if you need any more help.
Welp, I need a little bit more help, the battery https://store.flitetest.com/tattu-3s-lipo-battery-75c-11.1v-850mah-tat-75c-850-3s1p-xt30/p63561 that they recommended (excuse my lack of knowledge) has 4 holes yet all of the electronics in the power pack A was made for a battery with 3 holes. not only this but I guess its the CRC has a 2 prong connector thing and in the connecting electronic he connects his battery directly to that. Is there an adapter I can buy or am I missing something? You helped me a lot the last time, and I really like this hobby so can you help me out again?

-Joey

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Welp, I need a little bit more help, the battery https://store.flitetest.com/tattu-3s-lipo-battery-75c-11.1v-850mah-tat-75c-850-3s1p-xt30/p63561 that they recommended (excuse my lack of knowledge) has 4 holes yet all of the electronics in the power pack A was made for a battery with 3 holes. Is there an adapter I can buy or am I missing something? You helped me a lot the last time and I really like this hobby so can you help me out again?

-Joey

Sorry, holes? Can you expond as I am lost now myself.

whackflyer

Master member
@MightyminiAbeginner, are you talking about the white plug with four small holes on the end? If so, that is what’s called the balance plug. LiPo batteries have cells, each which hold about 3.7 volts a piece. Our planes of this size need more voltage than 3.7, so to get that they connect a number of those cells together. The battery you linked to has 3 of those cells, which makes it have 11.1 volts. The white plug has a wire from
each cell and a ground wire. When you charge the battery, you connect this to your charger and it charges each individual cell till it is full. However, you don’t use the white connector to power your airplane. You will use the yellow one with just two pins. This one is the main power connector. It is what you will plug into your ESC to power the plane. Forgive me if I’m oversimplifying, I’m just trying to explain in the best way I can. Here’s a link to a helpful article that will help you better understand LiPo batteries.

https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
@MightyminiAbeginner, are you talking about the white plug with four small holes on the end? If so, that is what’s called the balance plug. LiPo batteries have cells, each which hold about 3.7 volts a piece. Our planes of this size need more voltage than 3.7, so to get that they connect a number of those cells together. The battery you linked to has 3 of those cells, which makes it have 11.1 volts. The white plug has a wire from
each cell and a ground wire. When you charge the battery, you connect this to your charger and it charges each individual cell till it is full. However, you don’t use the white connector to power your airplane. You will use the yellow one with just two pins. This one is the main power connector. It is what you will plug into your ESC to power the plane. Forgive me if I’m oversimplifying, I’m just trying to explain in the best way I can. Here’s a link to a helpful article that will help you better understand LiPo batteries.

Thanks for the link, I'm a ways beyond the op but always looking for more /better information.

The only strange thing in your post was that you posted nominal voltage where most people use full charge voltage which is 4.2 per cell.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Just to simplify I used the voltages you would see in a description. For example, you won't see "3s 2200 mAh 12.6v LiPo battery" in a description. It would say 11.1. I get where you're coming from tho, you have a valid point.
You make a good point, we call our car batteries 12 volt even though we're looking for 14 charged.

Thank you, the yellow plug you are talking about on the battery is one the side and it looks like I just remove a small piece of foam and plug it in. Thanks!

EDIT: I just looked at everything and got my battery plugged into my SRC I am going to do my maiden when the winds die down some. I can't thank you enough!

Last edited: