Help! Help a noobie out with his ESC

Conormw92

Hi all,

In the process of building my first plane. Having issues getting my esc and motor to respond with my transmitter.

Im following the instructions of others and turning the transmitter on, opening the throttle to max and powering up the ESC, receiver and motor. Once connected to the battery via the ESC, the motor makes three ascending beeps, then continues to beep every second and turns slightly before bouncing back to its original position. It doesnt respond to any changes to the throttle and will continue to bounce back and forth. I'm also getting constant blue and green lights on the receiver (which as far as i can find means its a solid connection).

Ive checked all the solder connections and every thing seems fine. Ive also tried using a spare identical motor to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Normally the ongoing beeps are an indication that the ESC is not getting a signal from the Rx

Do the other servos function correctly?

What radio are you using and what output from the Rx are you using to connect the ESC?

Have fun!

Conormw92

Normally the ongoing beeps are an indication that the ESC is not getting a signal from the Rx

Do the other servos function correctly?

What radio are you using and what output from the Rx are you using to connect the ESC?

Have fun!

I have to be completely honest with you, thus far i have simply followed basic tutorials and have little to know idea what im doing so please dont be suprised if your answer go clear over my head.

As of yet i havent tested any servos as im waiting for a Y lead to me able to do so.

Im using a Taranis xd9 to connect to an R-XSR receiver. The motor, esc and battery are all Turnigy.

FDS

Elite member
Firstly, let’s start with the basics. The RXSR is an SBUS receiver, it doesn’t provide any servo outputs, you need an SBUS to PWM converter to enable it to do that. It is a separate item, or you need a servo receiver like the V8R4 or V8R8. You have no servo plugs on that receiver, the header pins supplied in the packet are not for servo connection.
The SBUS to PWM converter looks like this, they come in 4, 8 or 16 channels.
The RXSR on its own won’t do anything with the other stuff you have, at least I wouldn’t know how to get it to work with that. It’s designed for multi rotors or wings using a flight controller.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @Hai-Lee, sounds like you are not getting a signal. Are you sure you have bound the Rx to the Tx?