Help Add to the List: Multirotors, where are you getting your supplies?

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
MultiRotorMania http://multirotormania.com/ California

Placed an order with them a few weeks ago (2/12) for an assortment of nylon bits. I was initially impressed as they arrived fairly quick. But upon opening the package I found that one of the items I ordered which was listed as in stock was actually backordered. Not a huge deal.

But then I took a closer look. I found that the 6mm M/F standoffs I ordered were missing and instead I got 6mm F/F standoffs. I sent them a message through their site about this and offered to pay the cost of the F/F standoffs (since I may eventually use them) if they could put the M/F I actually ordered in with the backordered bits when they send them.

Then upon even closer inspection later that night I found that the pack of 10 3x12mm nylon screws I ordered only actually contained 4 nylon screws - the rest were steel hex head 3x12 screws. I sent them another message and asked them to please send me the nylon screws I ordered or contact me through e-mail or phone to work something out.

That was on 2/17 when I received the parts. I have yet to hear back from them either through e-mail or by phone :(

The receipt said that the missing bits should be sent "in a few days" but they haven't shown up yet either.

The shipping was decently fast and the price was very fair...but I'm not all that impressed with their customer service or their accuracy in order fulfillment at this point. Still hoping they make things right...but it's been almost 3 weeks and no word from them so I'm starting to loose hope :(

HarleyRev

i have made hobby purchases from these places

Horizonhobby , Towerhobby , flitetest, motionrc , hobbyking, altitude hobbies, readytoflyquads ,lowes, amazon ,ebay, hobbylobby, getfpv I have had good success with all of these companies. I have had only a few problems with any gear I ordered .
I did get a bad motor from the power pack I ordered from altitude hobby , i sent in an email told them my problem and the next day they sent me a new motor ! great customer service there.

I use Motionrc as my battery source , they are in USA and have the best prices Ive seen. The owner is on rcgrouops forum and stands behind his products , so I feel confident doing business with them.

Hope this helps , Thanks.

jipp

Placed an order with them a few weeks ago (2/12) for an assortment of nylon bits. I was initially impressed as they arrived fairly quick. But upon opening the package I found that one of the items I ordered which was listed as in stock was actually backordered. Not a huge deal.

But then I took a closer look. I found that the 6mm M/F standoffs I ordered were missing and instead I got 6mm F/F standoffs. I sent them a message through their site about this and offered to pay the cost of the F/F standoffs (since I may eventually use them) if they could put the M/F I actually ordered in with the backordered bits when they send them.

Then upon even closer inspection later that night I found that the pack of 10 3x12mm nylon screws I ordered only actually contained 4 nylon screws - the rest were steel hex head 3x12 screws. I sent them another message and asked them to please send me the nylon screws I ordered or contact me through e-mail or phone to work something out.

That was on 2/17 when I received the parts. I have yet to hear back from them either through e-mail or by phone :(

The receipt said that the missing bits should be sent "in a few days" but they haven't shown up yet either.

The shipping was decently fast and the price was very fair...but I'm not all that impressed with their customer service or their accuracy in order fulfillment at this point. Still hoping they make things right...but it's been almost 3 weeks and no word from them so I'm starting to loose hope :(
that is a bummer, but im glad you posted your experience i almost ordered from them.. main reason was ( shipping is normally fast from cali ) the prices seem average, but i know i can get them in a day or two.. that is the norm for California biz to my door.

chris.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Followup on MultiRotorMania. I noticed it was just a few days short of a month from when I had last contacted them through the contact form on their website. So I went back to try again and this time noticed a nice easy to find e-mail address, I could have sworn that went to the feedback form before. Dropped him a quick e-mail and and got an almost immediate response apologizing for not responding and letting my order fall through the cracks, a package with the correct parts is out the mail today.

It showed up basically a day later and good to his word the correct 3 items were waiting for me.

Bottom line - Once contact was made successfully their response was quick, professional and solved all of my problems.

I'd say don't use the contact form, except it seems they're encouraging the e-mail now which works a lot better for contacting them so it looks like they're already on top of trying to make things easier. (The contact form IS still linked for "If you are having difficulty with a
product you have purchased from us" which may have been why I used that initially instead. - so just using the e-mail direct is what I'll stick to with them from now on as it seems the contact form messages aren't reliable.)

Hey Fellas - I am a noob myself and have been torturing the mods and experts with stupid questions for awhile now - and they have all been great.

Up here in western Canada (I am near Edmonton)...the locals really don't cater to the scratch builder. If you really need help - the fella I went to is Steven over at Bungee Cow in BC! I am building the VTail batbone with a Naze 32 - and that is a challenging build for a thumb-fingered idiot out on his own. With his help and the fellas here I will soon be in the air and committing aviation hither and yon!

Team_Monkey

How did I miss this thread? :confused:
I'll second BuddyRC and HeadsUP RC.

BuddyRC may be a few bucks more than others but they are an Ohio retailer that has good personal service and about everything for 250 size quads and Hexes.

HeadsUp is great. I've been buying from them since they were an Ebay store. Good quality gear and fast cheap shipping is a bonus!

jaysteel

I'd like to know more about this site also. I stumbled across it the other day trying to find a company that actually has the parts in stock so I can build the Dragonfly multirotor. Seems like there is some kind of shortage going on. Found banggood.com and had to cancel the order because even though the site said they had stock, they did not.

www.emaxmodel.com has very nice prices and they look like the parts that are in the flitetest bundles, but their site's cookies keep tripping my malware detector and their payment methods seem suspicious. Bank transfer, western union or paypal. The paypal is weird because they have to send you a "PI" I'm guessing that's a purchase invoice. For me anything with Western Union is suspect these days and there is no way I'm putting my bank info into an online store.

Just too many red flags for me. But I'm pretty suspicious of everything on the web.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
How did I miss this thread? :confused:
I'll second BuddyRC and HeadsUP RC.

BuddyRC may be a few bucks more than others but they are an Ohio retailer that has good personal service and about everything for 250 size quads and Hexes.

HeadsUp is great. I've been buying from them since they were an Ebay store. Good quality gear and fast cheap shipping is a bonus!

I hid it in plain view... maybe it's time to upgrade the glasses in your profile picture... ;)

jaysteel

I'd like to know more about this site also. I stumbled across it the other day trying to find a company that actually has the parts in stock so I can build the Dragonfly multirotor. Seems like there is some kind of shortage going on. Found banggood.com and had to cancel the order because even though the site said they had stock, they did not.

www.emaxmodel.com has very nice prices and they look like the parts that are in the flitetest bundles, but their site's cookies keep tripping my malware detector and their payment methods seem suspicious. Bank transfer, western union or paypal. The paypal is weird because they have to send you a "PI" I'm guessing that's a purchase invoice. For me anything with Western Union is suspect these days and there is no way I'm putting my bank info into an online store.

Just too many red flags for me. But I'm pretty suspicious of everything on the web.

Ok, I took the chance and place an order with them. I messaged them asking what their relation is to EMax, they replied saying they are the manufacturer.

I contacted them during HongKong business hours. (2:30am my time) They have several people online to respond to any questions via skype. Susan handled my order quickly. Now I just have to wait to receive the stuff.

Below is what I ordered and the prices.

Product List Price Price Qty Type Total
Multi copter motor MT2213-920KV(1045Combo) $11.20 $10.27 2 MT2213 1045combo CW- $20.54
Multi copter motor MT2213-920KV(1045Combo) $11.20 $10.27 3 MT2213 1045combo CCW- $30.82
BLHeli Series 25A ESC $9.00 $7.68 5 - $38.40
ES3154(17g)Bearing Metal Digital Servo $9.95 $8.64 1 - $8.64

Total:11
Price:$98.40 Member Save:$12.55
Shipping:UPS Shipping Fee:$28
Subtotal:$126.40 You Score:0

jaysteel

Expect a delay. The country is having a multi day national holiday it seems.

Actually there was no delay. It was shipped on Monday April 9th at 3:29am and should arrive this Tuesday April 14th via DHL. It moved through Hong Kong and Customs fast, next thing I knew it was in Cincinnati, OH about 5hrs after laving Hong Kong. Now tracking says it's in Dallas, TX, just a short trip from my home.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=5540538146&brand=DHL

This is the tracking page. I'll update the instant I get the package.

nic872

There's also http://www.graysonhobby.com/ its in Georgia, USA. I've never used them but they carry their versions of the swappable electronics for many of the planes and the shipping price( For the US) from what i can tell are agreeable. It might be different for you as i live in Georgia but the basic USPS shipping for me is 5.99, while for UPS its around 11.00 for about 4 days and about 20.00 for 2 day shipping for a DX5e radio, which is the same amount i spent for my radio i bought from Hobby King that took about 20 days , but it was from sent from china so a huge difference.

Last edited:

jaysteel

OK you can remove my reservations about emaxmodel.com Their people were friendly and they filled and speed my order in 3 days. It flew through customs and landed at my front door in just over 1 week from the time I placed the order. I did place the order during their business hours (Hong Kong time), so communication was quick and easy. I will order again.

BanditJacksRC

Hey Fred,

Not sure if you're wanting to update it or not, but just though I would share. Massive RC is out of Flordia. Last week i received a shipment of some replacment emax motors/escs from them and was in my mailbox within 1 week.

Just thought I would share, I am always looking for a good US retailer (less shipping/quicker delievery)

Also thanks Jaysteel. I am pleased to hear emaxmodels.com is a trusworthy source. I will for sure be purchasing from that supplier in the near future!