HELP! APM 2.5 tricopter pitch and roll changing for no reason.

siikboy

Hi everyone,

My tricopter is switching on pitch and roll for no reason. I have built it yesterday.

When I plug the battery everything is okay, suddenly after 20sec. to 1 minutes it can change on the stick for no reason. Like when pitching front, it goes left or roll right it pitch front or back...

Does someone have an answer please!

Thank you in advance.

Components:
Frame simple tricopter 2.0
APM 2.5
3 ESC AFRO 30amp
3 turnigy D2836/8 motors
Receiver Hawkeye Open LRS 433mhz / 1W
Remote Turnigy 9XR
Transmitter Hawkeye Open LRS 433mhz / 1W

No GPS mounted on it for now .

Niall762

English weather sucks
I have two suggestions

Have you performed a compassmot calibration? This is highly recommended in 3.0+ firmware, as it allows the copter to magnetic interference better. One thing to try might be an external compass with the gps, if you decide to upgrade to one (which I would highly recommend doing)

The other thing that could be happening is the flight mode may be changing to 'simple' mode. I'm not sure why this would happen but that could in theory cause the pitch to 'switch' round. Have you set up any flight modes?

Sounds like a simple mode thing to me?

I'm super new (just got my RTFHawk last week!) but in my many trial/errors I realized that the simple/super simple mode has some big caveats that get a little weird. Some folks have been reporting simple/supersimple mode was already set and they didn't know it, so once the copter gets more then 10m away it starts simple mode, which can reverse signals pending orientation on where it was enabled.