HELP! Broken Futaba T6XHs

lovelysidhu

I recently was flying with my Futaba T6XHs modded with a 2.4Ghz module, and the transmitter stopped working mid flight. The battery shown on the display started changing wildly until finally the transmitter shut off. I was able to find the component that burned out, but have not been able to identify it. The component has two legs on the left and one on the right. It would be much appreciated if someone could help identify the component and provide advice in replacing it!
Thanks
LovelySidhu

d8veh

Elite member
We need a photo or details of the markings on the component. From your description, it could be a voltage regulator or a transistor.

When electronic components fail, it's not normally enough to replace them. They normally fail for a reason, so, unless you know the reason it failed, you'd be wasting your time replacing it. Also, when one component fails, there's often consequential damage to other components. Components can be damaged without signs of burning.

Chappie66

We need a photo or details of the markings on the component. From your description, it could be a voltage regulator or a transistor.

When electronic components fail, it's not normally enough to replace them. They normally fail for a reason, so, unless you know the reason it failed, you'd be wasting your time replacing it. Also, when one component fails, there's often consequential damage to other components. Components can be damaged without signs of burning.
I have been working in and around electronics for a number of years (20+), and I agree with d8veh. My initial guess would be a short somewhere. Regardless of what your component is (voltage regulator, transistor, resistor, etc..) too much current generally leads to "smoke" and could be the reason you were able to find the "burnt" component. You may want to "bench" check remaining components to determine if there are any other(s) that require replacing. Without a decent set of schematics to "rule" out areas that should not affect, it will likely be a bit of a tedious task. It could be something simple and visual you can find, like a wire or something conductive touching an area where it shouldn't or you may need to do resistance checks on all remaining components. Please post a good close up of the burnt component

Last edited: