Help choosing quad motors

Booner

Hi, I am in need of help on choosing motor, esc and props for my new quad project. My quad is going to weigh around 2.250 gr. and is going to be used for FPV.

The tiger 2814-10 (770 kv) or 2814-11 (710 kv) could be the right ones for my setup (see link below). Which one would be the better choice and why?

http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=132

Given the weight of about 2.250 gr. I was adviced to find a motor that gives around 600 gr. of thrust at 50%. Looking at the datasheets of each of the motors and you will find different configurations, with batteries and props, that will give the 600 gr. of thrust at 50%. Is there anyway to know which one is the best? Should I choose the configuration with the most thrust at 50%?

I have also looked at a couple of other options:

Ipower
http://www.electronicarc.com/catalog...730869427adc3a

Sunnysky
http://www.electronicarc.com/catalog...730869427adc3a

I am really hoping for some help, since this technical stuff is really difficult for a RTF pilot like myself and english not being my first language doesnt make it easier.

Thank you!

Kind regards
Mikael

Mustang7302

2,250 grams is a heavy rig. What frame are you planning on using?

Between the 770KV 2814-10 and 710KV 2814-11, the difference is negligible. Of the two I suggestion going with the 770KV option, start with 10x4.5" props, with a 30 amp ESC, and a 4S battery. This is going to be a lot of thrust, which will need good motor mounts to endue the weight and torque as well as firm booms to resist warping under torque. This is why I asked about what frame you're planning on using.

The 10" props with the motors running off a 4S battery will handle the weight just fine. When you need more power later for speed or more payload, then you can move up to an 11x4.7" prop. Start with the 10" option though.

Booner

2,250 grams is a heavy rig. What frame are you planning on using?

Between the 770KV 2814-10 and 710KV 2814-11, the difference is negligible. Of the two I suggestion going with the 770KV option, start with 10x4.5" props, with a 30 amp ESC, and a 4S battery. This is going to be a lot of thrust, which will need good motor mounts to endue the weight and torque as well as firm booms to resist warping under torque. This is why I asked about what frame you're planning on using.

The 10" props with the motors running off a 4S battery will handle the weight just fine. When you need more power later for speed or more payload, then you can move up to an 11x4.7" prop. Start with the 10" option though.

Thank you for taking time to help me :)

The frame is a Sky-Hero Spyder 700. It should have no problems with the weight and tourqe.

Is there any point in choosing 900 kv. motor or 700 kv. motor that is lighter than the 770 kv. motor?

I would like as long flight times as possible.

Mikael

Mustang7302

Going up to a 900kv motor, step down to a 3S battery and start with a 10x4.5" prop and grow up to a 12x4.5" if extra lift if needed.

Booner

Going up to a 900kv motor, step down to a 3S battery and start with a 10x4.5" prop and grow up to a 12x4.5" if extra lift if needed.

What would the advantages and disadvantages be with a 900 kv setup? Keep in mind that I would like as much flight time as possible.

Mikael