HELP! DX6E wont bind to receiver.

daxma

I recently installed a race rx to my quad. the rx is blinking and will not bind to my tx. ive tried to bind a number of ways including using betaflight, standing 10 ft away etc. does anyone know how they can help? im totally lost and im still new a this.

FDS

Elite member
First off, have you put a jumper plug on the bind port? Is the new RX either DSM2 or DSMX? Sounds stupid but start simple.
If you don’t have a bind port is there a bind button to hold down? Some Spektrum branded ones have auto bind.
If it’s a serial connection receiver then you might need to do some set up in beta flight for it.
Please give us the model of receiver and flight controller you are using, plus any other hardware connected. That will help a lot.

daxma

First off, have you put a jumper plug on the bind port? Is the new RX either DSM2 or DSMX? Sounds stupid but start simple.
If you don’t have a bind port is there a bind button to hold down? Some Spektrum branded ones have auto bind.
If it’s a serial connection receiver then you might need to do some set up in beta flight for it.
Please give us the model of receiver and flight controller you are using, plus any other hardware connected. That will help a lot.

The rx model is SPM4648 DSMX

Micro F4 Flight Controller ( DShot Version )
CPU: STM32F405RGT6
MPU: MPU6000 ( SPI )
Black box: 16MB flash
Input power: 2 - 4S LiPo
OSD: BetaFlight OSD
BEC output: 5V 3A
Compatible receiver: SBUS / PPM / DSMX

daxma

First remove the props if you have not already.
Have you tried power on the Rx, let the blinking start, then turn on the Tx.

The props are still off. and yes i do let the quad and rx power on fully before binding. its not a fast blink more like a moderate blink.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The props are still off. and yes i do let the quad and rx power on fully before binding. its not a fast blink more like a moderate blink.
I'm not sure but I believe the important thing is to turn the Rx on BEFORE you turn the Tx on. Don't put the Tx in bind mode, just turn it on.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
i dont know how to put it in bind mode nor take it off of it :cautious:
Lets try it in bind mode.
Power the Rx on, let the blinking start. (enter bind mode)
Press and hold the bind button on the back of the Tx, while turning it on. (enter bind mode)
If you get a bind, turn the Rx off. (exit bind mode)
Then turn the Tx off. (exit bind mode)
After you get it bound, ALWAYS turn on Tx first, then turn on the Rx. (This keeps Rx from entering bind mode)

daxma

Lets try it in bind mode.
Power the Rx on, let the blinking start. (enter bind mode)
Press and hold the bind button on the back of the Tx, while turning it on. (enter bind mode)
If you get a bind, turn the Rx off. (exit bind mode)
Then turn the Tx off. (exit bind mode)
After you get it bound, ALWAYS turn on Tx first, then turn on the Rx. (This keeps Rx from entering bind mode)

nothing. still getting bind failed.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
this is the only quad i own and no other spare esc. im SOL
Can you get one of these and a servo extender?

70640174.jpg