Help, I'm getting frustrated.........rev6 AfroFlight not connecting to CF

clinger 1965

Just got rev 6 board in the mail connected to CF....... no lights flashing!!!! all drivers are installed properly as naze32 rev5 connects without issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is my first build and its becoming increasingly evident that this is more challenging than I once thought.
2nd issue... Naze 32 rev5 board that i purchased connects and flashes beautifully.
Problem Im having is when i attempt to program receiver the following occurs.
throttle up/down.........................throttle responds in CF on ch 4
yaw.........................................aux 4 responds
pitch up/down............................both ch 2 & 3 respond
roll..........................................no response
whats up with that????
transmitter FS TH9X
reciever FS R9B

i bought rev 6 because of the above issue in thought i may have damaged the rev5 N32 during the build.
Help my wife is getting annoyed because i keep buying stuff, lol.

Last edited:

trevoof

It will help if you can send a picture and/or a wiring diagram.

For the channels on the rev 5 board, what RX/TX are you using? Go the receiver tab and try changing the selection on the channel map drop down to JR/Hitec/Graupner and press save. Note that the outputs only change after you hit save.

For the rev 6 board, since there are no lights at all, it might mean that there is something wrong with the power supply. Perhaps check if the supplied voltage is correct and whether they are connected to the right pins.

Attached a couple of wiring diagrams from FPV Flight club for reference.

naze32v5.jpg naze32v6.jpg

http://fpv-flightclub.com/how-to-build-fpv-quadcopter/
http://fpv-flightclub.com/build-lumenier-qav210/

clinger 1965

It will help if you can send a picture and/or a wiring diagram.

For the channels on the rev 5 board, what RX/TX are you using? Go the receiver tab and try changing the selection on the channel map drop down to JR/Hitec/Graupner and press save. Note that the outputs only change after you hit save.

For the rev 6 board, since there are no lights at all, it might mean that there is something wrong with the power supply. Perhaps check if the supplied voltage is correct and whether they are connected to the right pins.

Attached a couple of wiring diagrams from FPV Flight club for reference.

View attachment 72048 View attachment 72049

http://fpv-flightclub.com/how-to-build-fpv-quadcopter/
http://fpv-flightclub.com/build-lumenier-qav210/

Thank You for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Transmitter FS TH9X
Receiver FS 9RB.

(Btw the transmitter software is not user friendly for a beginner.)

The no led flashing issue that I speak of with the Rev6 board occurs when I connected the usb cable to the board to flash with firmware from clean flight. I was able to flash the rev 5 board without issue.......but this board nothing. I even tried another usb cable. No response with rev6 board.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
You may get better responses and more eyeballs in the multirotor section. You might consider asking a moderator like Balu, CraftyDan or FlyingMonkey to move your thread. You may PM any of our mods and they respond pretty well. :)

If the rev 6 board does not light up does your PC react to it when you connect USB?

Do you have ANYTHING connected to the serial pins in the center of the board, like a bluetooth module? You can't run serial AND USB at the same time on a Naze.

If the PC does not react, you get no lights and you have nothing connected to serial, I think you have a dead board. Bad luck. Go refund.

For the rev 5, make sure you are configured in CF to use PWM for your receiver. This setting is on the left side of the configuration tab in CF. In the receiver tab in Cleanflight you have the options to change the channels. I often need to swap throttle, aileron and elevators. Change the AETR1234 to whatever you need and click [SAVE].

Welcome to Flitetest Klinger1965. :)

Last edited:

Habakkukk

Fly Eagles, Fly!
I second cranialrectosis, sounds like a dead board. If you plug it up via usb and you don't have anything at all it's not something you want to mess with on your first build. Either the factory didn't solder the usb "jack" to the board correctly or there's no device preloaded to the board that can talk to your pc. You can probably bring it back to life if it's the later of the two but I wouldn't bother with it, your rev 5 sounds like it's working fine, you just need to remap your AERT(aileron elevator rudder throttle) on the drop down menu in the "receiver" tab in cleanflight. If you run into any more snags along the way don't hesitate to ask. First builds are the most difficult and can be compounded when you have faulty equipment.
Someone should warn your wife though, nearly all first builds are shortly followed up with second and thirds...