Help! help I've got a problem......

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
ok so I built a ft mustang............. with my own homemade foam board..... and the plane by itself weighs 6.5 oz.......(no electrics only foam and glue)
is this light or what? the specs say 14 oz..........
so what motor do I use??? if I can use a 2212 motor I would love it , (I can get them for like $2.)
could anyone tell me whether it'll fly with a 2212 motor? (any kv)
and what size prop?

thanks a ton u guys are the best forum ever......

Parramon

ok so I built a ft mustang............. with my own homemade foam board..... and the plane by itself weighs 6.5 oz.......(no electrics only foam and glue)
is this light or what? the specs say 14 oz..........
so what motor do I use??? if I can use a 2212 motor I would love it , (I can get them for like $2.)
could anyone tell me whether it'll fly with a 2212 motor? (any kv)
and what size prop?

thanks a ton u guys are the best forum ever......

Hi
Your plane weighs a little. 1842.72 g. And the 2212 motor with a 3C battery and a 10 x 4.5 propeller will only have a thrust of 860g.
I think you would need a slightly bigger motor.
But with a similar Kv. Not higher than 1100 Kv.
I hope I have been helpful.

motor 2212 datashet.jpg

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Actually a 2212 1100 or 1200kv should work. Your plane does not weigh 1842 grams, it weighs 184.2 grams, and if you get the right electronics the plane should fly. It might be a bit heavy, but if you have enough thrust it will work fine.
Edit: I did a quick check and you might be slightly underpowered, but it should still work.

Parramon

Actually a 2212 1100 or 1200kv should work. Your plane does not weigh 1842 grams, it weighs 184.2 grams, and if you get the right electronics the plane should fly. It might be a bit heavy, but if you have enough thrust it will work fine.
Edit: I did a quick check and you might be slightly underpowered, but it should still work.
You rigth. I make a mistake. The number of zeros is important.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
oh yea u worked on 65 oz not 6.5oz. yea that'll throw it.....
I was wondering......like my cub uses a 2212 1400kv.......and this mustang is like 1/3 of the cubs weight....
now u mention it it practically has to work...