Help me build a brushed micro quad!

LUCIFER

I don't think yellow one is for ibus,I configured my tx to ppm first,by setting it to ON.And I did not touch anything related to ibus on my tx,I just went betaflight,with my white wire on rx pad.It didn't work at first,but magic happened when I replaced white wire with yellow wire on rx pad,it worked!.So it must be yellow one which produces ppm.I did not even set my receiver mode to ibus,I just left it to ppm.Now the only problem is my cell.I just don't know how to charge it,because it doesn't have a balance cable.A friend of mine told me to charge it directly by setting the imaxb6 charger to 1s 3.7v.It is just buzzing,I don't know why.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Glad you got your receiver working. Balance plugs are only found on batteries with 2 or more cells, your charger should have a straight charge function for single cells.

LUCIFER

pictures of my cell chargering

Attachments

• workystuff5.jpg
    workystuff5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • workystuff6.jpg
    workystuff6.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • workystuff7.jpg
    workystuff7.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0

LUCIFER

could you please enlighten me what this straight charge function is?,because I never heard of it,all this time I worked with 3s batteries.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Looks like you have the correct function chosen in the second picture. You should really heat shrink or at least tape up your splices on the charge adapter, that's just asking to short out.

LUCIFER

you want me to heat shrink the soldered part?,I did that too.My 1s cell looks puffed up for no reason,I did not even use it for at least one test flight.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Lipos can puff for a number of reasons - excessive heat, charging at too high a rate or discharging at too high a rate, like in a short circuit.

LUCIFER

I did not place it in any hard conditions,I just kept it in a box.Now how do I charge it,I mean why charging a 1s cell is different from charging 2s and 3s?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The only difference in handling and charging single a cell vs. multiple cell is that multiple cell batteries need to be balance charged so that all the cells are at the same voltage. The balance lead allows the charger to measure and discharge each individual cell. I can't say for sure what caused yours to puff, but if while charging your battery with those exposed splices, a short could have occurred, or you could have charged it at too high a rate. I always charge at 1C maximum, so for a 200mAH battery that would be 0.2A. A 1000 mAH battery would be charged at 1A.

LUCIFER

The only difference in handling and charging single a cell vs. multiple cell is that multiple cell batteries need to be balance charged so that all the cells are at the same voltage. The balance lead allows the charger to measure and discharge each individual cell. I can't say for sure what caused yours to puff, but if while charging your battery with those exposed splices, a short could have occurred, or you could have charged it at too high a rate. I always charge at 1C maximum, so for a 200mAH battery that would be 0.2A. A 1000 mAH battery would be charged at 1A.

LUCIFER

That's it I've had enough, it turns out I bought a bad lipo,for more money.It's totally puffed now,this time I will buy a 2s lipo.Thank you ElectriSean,you have helped me alot,I learnt so many new things from this build.Thanks again!