Help me? Chronicals of a guy who can't fly very well...

skymaster

Elite member
you should stay with the power pack A for the tiny trainer and the 800mah 3s or if its windy the 1000mah 3s 20c the weight a little more stability. but the motor on power pack a is perfect with the 12a esc.

xunedeinx

you should stay with the power pack A for the tiny trainer and the 800mah 3s or if its windy the 1000mah 3s 20c the weight a little more stability. but the motor on power pack a is perfect with the 12a esc.

Well, I never got that motor, but my 2306 w the 7.4pack I made flys nice and not too fast. So, for now im sticking w that.

I actually have 2 2306 2200kv. The first they sent was scratched up and wores clipped like it was used, so they sent a new one. I got the old working ao I have a spare now. Also have my 2206 2600kv, but that things just insane.

xunedeinx

Repaired. Had to reskin on side of the rudder to correct a pond scum induced warp.
20180702_201932.jpg
20180702_201932.jpg
20180702_210349.jpg
20180702_210401.jpg

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Wow that is a lot of extra material and skewers!

I do my repairs a little more low key in that I use a liquid glue, (like Gorilla glue), and insert toothpicks into the foam on both sides of the break. With some glue also on the toothpicks I push the pieces together and I have my repair done and reinforced somewhat invisibly.

The other good thing is that if I repeat the incident and the damage in future all I have is lost is some toothpicks and there is enough foam remaining to take more toothpicks!

Remember each gram added at the tail can mean an extra 3-5 grams needed at the nose!

Have fun!

kilroy07

Legendary member
I would second the idea to check CG, then check it again! When I was first starting out (NOT that i"m an expert by ANY stretch of the imagination) I had a REAL issue with tail heavy planes (fact that it was a DR.1 didn't help any.)

One idea, might be to nudge the wing back a bit, but now you're entering the test pilot zone.

So, looks plenty study but please check that CG or you'll be gluing that tail back on! :LOL:

xunedeinx

I think itll hold!

I think because of the extra nose weight, I had the battery almost under midspan of the wing. If its farther forward itd be great. More room up there ^,^. She will fly again. Question is for how long haha.

xunedeinx

Well flew for a few flights..

Than I decided to get one more in before the storm that was headed this way. 3 min in the wind went from 0 to 25. I fought hard to get her back, we battled the wind and gusts for what seemed like hours (2 min according to my wife)...
At the end of our epic struggle, the chaotic dance in the sky, she had enough with her partner and dug a hole in the farmers field. She was probably being helpful.

Split the fuse, tore off an elevator, broke the wing and spar in half, shreaded an aileron servo gear, destroyed my powerpod. Luckily after I crc cleaned the dirt out of the motor and brushed off my electronics of their even coating of dirt, none of the rest of the electronics are bad.

Plane was broken down and decomissioned.

I have printed out a 125% TT and will begin template making, than assembly tonight.

Namactual

Elite member
Already building another one... yep, you're addicted now.:)

Sounds like you had fun, that's all that counts. I also noticed you did not snap the tail off this time? It sounds like your first repair held up good.(y)

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
So it looks like you have got the hang of the build/fly/crash/build progression of our fair hobby.

Seems you learned quite well this last go around.

Time to change the name of this thread or start a new one? :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Oh you got the best of ALL RC realms there mate. Open field bouncy area for monster trucks and cars back on to perfectly manicured green grass. The beautiful dog leg pond for boat racing complete with tower to stand above and get the good field of view. back to open field for flying everything you can think of with that lake side grass runway. Tree line for tree dancing with freestyle quads. You got it all!

I look at that little bit of water and go, "Hey!!! SEA DUCK!!!" LOL

Better than my immediate "flying area", which is basically a fenced in dog park right next to the apartment office, and I'm limited to my Inductrix Pro or my Vapor (when there's NO wind - and I mean NONE). That's nice area, man.

xunedeinx

So it looks like you have got the hang of the build/fly/crash/build progression of our fair hobby.

Seems you learned quite well this last go around.

Time to change the name of this thread or start a new one? :)

Haha maybe Ill change the title to something interesting and more relevant tonight. Last go around wasnt too bad. Still looked like a blind man was flying, but lasted longer before the destruction.

Foamboards cheap and my free time is free, why not have some fun!

xunedeinx

I look at that little bit of water and go, "Hey!!! SEA DUCK!!!" LOL

Better than my immediate "flying area", which is basically a fenced in dog park right next to the apartment office, and I'm limited to my Inductrix Pro or my Vapor (when there's NO wind - and I mean NONE). That's nice area, man.

The plan once I get good enough is to make some sort of sea worthy vehicle of the sky. Need to get good first though because I dont have a row boat and I don't want to go swimming with the gators. I have about 4 months until they start working that farm land for berry season, so I have time.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
The plan once I get good enough is to make some sort of sea worthy vehicle of the sky. Need to get good first though because I dont have a row boat and I don't want to go swimming with the gators. I have about 4 months until they start working that farm land for berry season, so I have time.

Ehh, it's just gators...They only give "love bites", right? LOL Seriously, though, more power to you. Simple Cub with floats, a Sea Duck - there's quite a few options you have available. :) The plus with that is just taxiing. You can always just attach a string while practicing taxiing for takeoff and landing, and if it gets a little crazy, use the string to retrieve...

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I keep seeing in my head, the image of you landing a Simple Cub with floats on the pond and having a gator come up and chomp it.

RC float plane trolling for gators!

Please film the maiden of your float plane on the gator pond. Please. :)