Help me dicide on a control board

Someone please help me.
Took my tri out the other day, up i went, flew around for a little bit then crashed.
Broke all 3 props, bent one of the Alu arms, completly smashed the yaw mech...
motors, esc's control board all seem ok.
Basically, I was flying forward, eased off the stick to slow down, but it nearly flipped itself over backwards to slow itself down. I really don't like how the HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 (Atmega328 PA) behaves.
I also have to keep adjusting trims before and during every flight.
So I want to upgrade to a different board.
Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 boards.
Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board
MultiWii 328P Flight Controller w/FTDI & DSM2 Port

Apart from the $2.40, Whats the difference between the 2 boards?
Which one is better and why?
What can 1 do that the other can't?
How simple are they to program compared to HobbyKing Multi-Rotor Control Board V3.0 (Atmega328 PA)

What I'm looking to do is have a nice stable tri to take aerial stills and maybe some chase videos for cars & some aerial footage of car shows.
So, it needs to be able to hold a position long enough for me to take a shot and fly straight and level with little correction.
But... I don't have the money for the high end control boards.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
you need the kk 2.0 the auto level feature works great and with LCD display its easy to configure.

So should i go for the kk2 board then? Haha!
Seriously though, why is the kk2 better than the multiwii?
Wouldn't having the magnetometer and barometer make stabalisation better?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
So should i go for the kk2 board then? Haha!
Seriously though, why is the kk2 better than the multiwii?
Wouldn't having the magnetometer and barometer make stabalisation better?

If you like to fly then KK2.0 . If you like to "tinker" with the board, then Multiwii loaded with all the bells lights and sensors or ArduPilot / Clones. If you want a mature closed source commercial product then NAZA.

Thurmond

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Naza or ardupilot if you can afford it.....the KK2 board is fantastic value and with the 1.5 firmware it is super stable ...I can only say if you have a KK2 keep it well protected as the lcd screen is quite fragile

I do like to tinker, but think I'll stick with something that everyone is happy with for now, then maybe upgrade at a later date so something a little more advanced.

So for now, it looks like I'll be getting the KK2 board on my next pay day then :)

Cheers guys.