Help! Micro FPV VTX needs wiring up

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
I remain a perpetual noob when it comes to many electronic areas of the RC hobby and one of my least informed areas is in FPV.

I recently bought this BabyHawk VTX/Camera 25-200mw from the FT Store but, unfortunately, unlike another micro FPV cam/transmitter that I used previously, this one doesn't have a ready attached plug-and-play lead that goes straight to the receiver for power.

https---cdn8.bigcommerce.com-s-xkoep7-products-1551-images-7366-babyhawk_vtx_camera-1__13975....jpeg

Does anyone own one of these cameras and know how to wire one up for power? There appears to be a pin socket on the bottom. I think this is probably where you plug in a lead that goes to your RX. If this is the case, how do I find the right lead?

Thank you! This would be so helpful. Can't wait to get some more FPV air time.
:)

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm not seeing that on the store, but from the description it sounds like a replacement part that assumes you already have the cable in the BabyHawk. Can you take a clear close up picture of the pin socket?

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
I'm not seeing that on the store, but from the description it sounds like a replacement part that assumes you already have the cable in the BabyHawk. Can you take a clear close up picture of the pin socket?
Thanks for your reply! Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I'll be able to take a picture and upload it tomorrow.

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

If anyone could tell me what kind of plug I need and when to buy one from, I'd be super grateful! :) Cheers!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Very strange that it's a 6 pin connector, it should really only need power and ground. I'm not familiar with that style, maybe try contacting the FT Store support to see if they know, or can swap it out for a complete kit.

JasonEricAnderson

I second the FT support reach out. I did a little searching and it looks like only some of the pins are needed. Use this info at your own risk but this is what I've found online...
EMAX-Babyhawk-85mm-Brushless-Micro-Quad-18-1024x768.jpg

img_4755_1.jpg

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Thanks for the above pics/advice! :) Very helpful.

Any ideas for where I could source one of these six pin connectors?