HELP!! | My E-Flite ESC Isn't working!

Connor Merrick

I went to my local hobby store and came back and my motor at first wasn't running very good. it made a weird pulsing noise. then i tried it and it only rotates at ~600 rpm. (normally 20,000 rpm) I checked my battery and it was reading 11.7 V.

So I'm not sure what is wrong with my E-Flite 30 Amp ESC.

My Motor was making very quiet beeps so im not sure what is wrong with esc.
I know that there is nothing wrong with my motor so it must be my esc.

Now My ESC wont power my radio RX so i cant do anything right now.

Can Anyone Help ASAP!!??

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I suspect your lipo is charged but not fully charged. I suspect that under load it drops below the minimum the ESC will accept and the ESC is shutting down.

Put the lipo on a 3 cell tester and test per cell or recharge that lipo until it is fully charged and try again. Lipos are odd and if you aren't familiar with them, they are confusing to start.

Liam B

I went to my local hobby store and came back and my motor at first wasn't running very good. it made a weird pulsing noise. then i tried it and it only rotates at ~600 rpm. (normally 20,000 rpm) I checked my battery and it was reading 11.7 V.

So I'm not sure what is wrong with my E-Flite 30 Amp ESC.

My Motor was making very quiet beeps so im not sure what is wrong with esc.
I know that there is nothing wrong with my motor so it must be my esc.

Now My ESC wont power my radio RX so i cant do anything right now.

Can Anyone Help ASAP!!??

I agree. I must say, though. You might want to get a different ESC. I don't have anything good to say about them. The last eflite ESC I had full throttled unexpectedly.

quorneng

Master member
Connor
I hope you were running the motor without a prop not only for safety but a 'free' motor will only take a low current so it tends to remove any doubts about the state of the battery.
If it then still does not run smoothly there is something wrong with either the motor, the ESC or the connections. Poor connection can seriously upset a brushless motor.
Unfortunately the only sure way of identifying which is at fault is by substituting the motor and ESC (one at a time) with ones that are known to work. I keep a 'spare' ESC and motor on my bench for just that purpose.

A word of caution.
If a motor/ ESC combination does not run properly do not leave it under power for more than a couple of seconds as it is likely to over heat the ESC, and possibly the motor, very quickly.
The ESC gives a powerful but very short single 'pulse' to the motor to get it moving. It normally only has to do this once but if the motor does not respond properly it will do it again and again.
The problem is this pulse current is more than the ESC components can stand for more than a few seconds.