Help! My planes elevator is acting up.

SkySlayer

ARC=Almost Ready to Crash
Hi guys please help,
My planes elevator is acting up. It goes bong-curs every time I fly. I usually take no notice because it did nothing to me before until today when I flew using my 3s 1300mAh battery as apposed to my 2s 800mAh as seen in my other vids.
With the stronger battery it does great in a hover but the minute I leave the hover the tail starts SPAZING. And now I have crashed so please help. It's gna be awhile before I am up again after my crash.:(
Sincerely yours,
Shaun.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Dude - too heavy. I doubt the pushrods are designed to take that sort of abuse.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Could also be servo failing intermittently. Especially if you have a lightweight servo (e.g. 4g or so) or a cheap servo (e.g. what is in LM's Mig 15's wings!) which stalls under load, then finds position, then stalls under load, then finds position (wag, wag, wag).

That's my guess.

SkySlayer

Every1 that plane was made correctly when it came to the CG it is fine. And thanx Astroman,lobstermash and Glydr, I think I will just put in my Futaba S3110(0.1sec/60degrees,3.4kg.21.8x11x19.8mm,7.7g servo) as apposed to the current S3108

Mike oxbig

15% nitro is my cologne
Where is your cg set at? Seems like you are tail heavy. Can you move your battery ahead more?

Nose heavy is generally flyable but will increase your stall speed, tail heavy is uncontrollable. try a little more nose heavy.

Listed cg's in manuals are only a guideline. Many times a change in balance is needed just due to your Own specific setup.

Last edited:

SkySlayer

Where is your cg set at? Seems like you are tail heavy. Can you move your battery ahead more?

Nose heavy is generally flyable but will increase your stall speed, tail heavy is uncontrollable. try a little more nose heavy.

Listed cg's in manuals are only a guideline. Many times a change in balance is needed just due to your Own specific setup.
I can't give you the exact CG position but it's nose heavy.

SkySlayer

Could also be servo failing intermittently. Especially if you have a lightweight servo (e.g. 4g or so) or a cheap servo (e.g. what is in LM's Mig 15's wings!) which stalls under load, then finds position, then stalls under load, then finds position (wag, wag, wag).

That's my guess.

Looks to me like the control surface is stalled. That's all.

Was the plane balanced correctly also ? Looked like it was struggling with the weight.

Every1 that plane was made correctly when it came to the CG it is fine. And thanx Astroman,lobstermash and Glydr, I think I will just put in my Futaba S3110(0.1sec/60degrees,3.4kg.21.8x11x19.8mm,7.7g servo) as apposed to the current S3108
Ya guys nothing worked it still wags. Please help!