Help needed buying my new brushless motor

0__0

Now that my motor is completely dead, I'd want to buy a B power pack with a 1050kV motor. I already have the servos and a 20A ESC from my A power pack. Can I use it with the new motor from the B power pack or is it going to die ? Also can I use my 6x3 props with this motor because i've got around 15 of these ?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If you have to use the 20 amp ESC on the B pack you should be ok on the 6x3 props. I am guessing the A pack motor was the original motor that died? Which means you were flying mini series planes. These aren't the planes you want to put a B pack onto, to heavy. As the planes get larger they are less susceptible to weight variances like that and you can experiment with larger motors there. Are you looking at stepping up the size of the planes you build and fly? If you are then I would suggest the C pack which is a touch larger then the B in physical size and weight, but has a significant amount more power. Now don't be scared... more power doesn't mean the plane is going to be ballistic, you don't need to fly full throttle all the time. But it is nice to have the power when you need it as opposed to needing it and not having it. Just a thought

Figure9

Elite member
Good question. Looking for the answer on this one myself because it’s popular to cannibalize old dead foam models so as to use the electronics on a new project.

Figure9

Elite member
If you have to use the 20 amp ESC on the B pack you should be ok on the 6x3 props. I am guessing the A pack motor was the original motor that died? Which means you were flying mini series planes. These aren't the planes you want to put a B pack onto, to heavy. As the planes get larger they are less susceptible to weight variances like that and you can experiment with larger motors there. Are you looking at stepping up the size of the planes you build and fly? If you are then I would suggest the C pack which is a touch larger then the B in physical size and weight, but has a significant amount more power. Now don't be scared... more power doesn't mean the plane is going to be ballistic, you don't need to fly full throttle all the time. But it is nice to have the power when you need it as opposed to needing it and not having it. Just a thought

That was quick, haha. Like before I even posted my response. Thanks @BATTLEAXE

0__0

Actually I'll fly a large(2m wingspan) and quite heavy (≃1.5kg) glider. The dead motor was from my B pack I bought for my Mini Scout. My glider really lacked power with this motor and a 6x3 prop. Is the (1050/1808kv suggested by @Hondo76251 + a 6x3 prop) going to be enough to make a glider with these specs not stall when climbing ?

Thank you.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
It sure wouldnt make it over powered, but it is a step above the 1806 and runs pretty happily with a 6" prop without really adding any weight...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I tried to find my spec sheet on the 2400 kv ones I have but I couldn't find it. I think they are somewhere in the 700 gram of thrust range iirc. With something as heavy as yours you might want to step up to something larger...

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
You ream the prop out if it’s too small. There’s a tool for it, some people use a craft knife.
Props are less than $5 each. Just get the right one for the motor you want. There’s lots of cheaper motors than an FT radial. 2212 is not going to pull a 1.5kg plane.
You are going to need to swing a 10-12” prop, something in the 28xx-35xx range with a low KV, sub 1000. Run off a 3s lipo.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
on that motor in link it says : "Prop Adapter Shaft Thread: M5 " , so all props with 5mm hole should work. Yes its tight, but it should be.
A "standard" Asian 2212 says thrust: 910g ( +/-). For a glider it should work, not for fast running but to help it get in air.

Screenshot_20200228-115138.png

This is the Geprc 2306.5 2450kv 1000w 3s-6s and only 20 bucks at Banggood
Yes that's 2381g of thrust with a 6x4.5 GF prop...just saying. For those of you that want up to date power and don't mind waiting a few extra days. It's also avail at getfpv for a few bucks more. I have become the motor pro in my quest for speed. If you need and more help, just ask and I'll do my best to help.

FDS

Elite member
That’s fine for flying fast. A 1.5kg GLIDER isn’t really the place for a 2400kv quad motor...

well I was just trying to add a little something to the discussion because earlier you said that the 2212 would not pull that plane because it was heavy. At 2381 grams of thrust I don't think it will really be fast since it weighs 1.5 kg but it should be adequate and like was mentioned earlier you don't have to fly wide open all the time.

And this motor only weighs 43 g so it's not adding a lot of weight and it's a little powerhouse. And when run on 4S it's not really going to be Overkill

[US$22.27 12% OFF]X-UAV 3536 KV930 Brushless Motor for Mini Talon RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/QZo8Sf1Xw4

[US$13.10 8% OFF]Racerstar BR3536 950KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For FPV RC Airplane Model RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/Z8MrrP3Xw4

[US$9.49 7% OFF]Racerstar BR2826 1290KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For RC Models RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/ycXtiU5Xw4
US $15.21 15%OFF | Rctimer 2836 Brushless Motor 750KV 880KV 1120KV 1500KV 4.0 Shaft for RC Aircraft Plane Multicopter Outrunner Brushless Motor
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Bf8HkD4N

These should be more along the lines of something like FDS suggested. I hope I was of some help. I have many more options and there is free shipping at Banggood and lots of sales at AliExpress going on today. the reason I have learned so much about Motors is I plan to break the speed record that j&h holds right now. Just saying... Lol I've been researching motors for the past month and if there's a motor out there I know about LOL I'm not trying to sound arrogant I promise you I have just been looking so hard for the magical motor that's lightweight and powerful enough to break the record and within my budget. Josh is also been a big help and we chatted briefly through text and I think he invites a friendly rivalry. I'm homeless living in a shelter and I'm a disabled veteran and money is tight and I have to give plasma to get my parts. I've done so much research because I'm new to RC since the late 90s and things have drastically changed. There's a lot more to offer than the old days, a lot more power! So again, I promise I'm not trying to be arrogant I have just done so much research and have so many saved screenshots of charts and motors for me to review in my quest For Speed. Just trying to help...if anyone has used batteries that are in decent shape that they would like to donate to my calls in breaking the foam board speed record I would be grateful. I need a u b e c and a red brick speed control 200-amp... And with all my research I still have not decided on a motor! I have a few options that are on the top of the list but nothing yet within my financial range. If I had the money I could just throw dollar bills at this and break the record but that's not the case. So if anyone out there would like to help or has any suggestions please let me know. As I'm driving myself nuts with this obsession. I'm looking for a needle in a stack of needles. I'm trying to find the sharpest one!

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
[US$22.27 12% OFF]X-UAV 3536 KV930 Brushless Motor for Mini Talon RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/QZo8Sf1Xw4

[US$13.10 8% OFF]Racerstar BR3536 950KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For FPV RC Airplane Model RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/Z8MrrP3Xw4

[US$9.49 7% OFF]Racerstar BR2826 1290KV 2-4S Brushless Motor For RC Models RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/ycXtiU5Xw4
US $15.21 15%OFF | Rctimer 2836 Brushless Motor 750KV 880KV 1120KV 1500KV 4.0 Shaft for RC Aircraft Plane Multicopter Outrunner Brushless Motor
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_Bf8HkD4N

These should be more along the lines of something like FDS suggested. I hope I was of some help. I have many more options and there is free shipping at Banggood and lots of sales at AliExpress going on today. the reason I have learned so much about Motors is I plan to break the speed record that j&h holds right now. Just saying... Lol I've been researching motors for the past month and if there's a motor out there I know about LOL I'm not trying to sound arrogant I promise you I have just been looking so hard for the magical motor that's lightweight and powerful enough to break the record and within my budget. Josh is also been a big help and we chatted briefly through text and I think he invites a friendly rivalry. I'm homeless living in a shelter and I'm a disabled veteran and money is tight and I have to give plasma to get my parts. I've done so much research because I'm new to RC since the late 90s and things have drastically changed. There's a lot more to offer than the old days, a lot more power! So again, I promise I'm not trying to be arrogant I have just done so much research and have so many saved screenshots of charts and motors for me to review in my quest For Speed. Just trying to help...if anyone has used batteries that are in decent shape that they would like to donate to my calls in breaking the foam board speed record I would be grateful. I need a u b e c and a red brick speed control 200-amp... And with all my research I still have not decided on a motor! I have a few options that are on the top of the list but nothing yet within my financial range. If I had the money I could just throw dollar bills at this and break the record but that's not the case. So if anyone out there would like to help or has any suggestions please let me know. As I'm driving myself nuts with this obsession. I'm looking for a needle in a stack of needles. I'm trying to find the sharpest one!
Aerodynamics will offer you a lot going for the FB speed record. The motor and prop combos are important for sure but it is only half the story. Weight and aerodynamics will make a huge difference using the same power plant on different planes