• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help needed to pick new Propellor !

jd7792

I am flying a Blitz RC "Sky Surfer" which is more or less identical to the HK Bixler. The problem I have is that the prop that comes with the plane is very flimsy and plyable. I want to replace the original prop with a much stiffer one, but have no idea what I need. I'm looking to buy from Hobbyking as I have an order ready to place with them.

Can anyone suggest a prop that would be suitable? Unfortunately the listings on their website are not very helpful.:confused:

jd7792

My favorite is an APC 6x3E.
Unfortunately that wont fit. The clearance isn't quite enough and it hits the body. I think it will need to be no longer than @5" to allow for clearance.
What does the APC stand for? I may be able to get a shorter prop in this class if it is suitable!
Thanks for trying anyway. Any other suggestions are welcome!

earthsciteach

APC is the manufacturer. You can move your motor back farther - mount it flush with back end of the motor pod. But, if you are doing that, you may as well put a faster motor on it. Go with a 5x4e or 5x5e, then.

jd7792

Thanks, that may be what I'll do as I have a couple of bigger motors that can go on it with a 5x5. Hopefully that will do the job just nice. Ill also try a 5x5 with the current set up for interest sake.
Thanks again!