Help Piece for Bruce to help raise awareness and hopefully raise some money for him

ozdeadmeat

Hi guys,

I am new to the hobby due to some of the great people on Youtube. (yourselves included). I was going through some of RCModelReviews videos about FPV and comparisons of 5.8 systems available when I saw a link to a video from April 19th 2013. This video describes bullying from the NZ governing body for RC Aircraft. I loath bullying and want to do all I can to stamp it out of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JBhvyg71Cc

Bruce flys at an airfield and requires a 'licence' supplied by MFNZ (due to a monopoly from Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand "CAA"). Bruce has a very poor opinion of MFNZ, and has been quite open in his opinions of this organisation.

In my country (Australia) I have the freedom of speech as does your great country. This is a blatant attack on freedom of speech in what I thought was a similarly minded country of New Zealand. FliteTest is an amazing organisation and I know you guys have a huge viewer base that could make a real difference.

It's currently 1:15am here in Australia but I just can't sleep knowing this sort of discussing use of power is being let happen just a few thousand KM away.

Regards,

OzDM

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Bruce has been on the hot seat for many years concerning his Government. First with his pulsejet engines, his proposed $5K Cruise missile and now his RC Flying.

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
True, but to be honest, he has been a good source of info and the antics over at xjet(Bruce's other channel) are always good for a chuckle. His hot-seat residence is definitely due to his speaking out, but he has always followed their rules, at least as far as R/C is concerned. I can't say for the pulse-jet stuff, since I know nothing about what laws or regulations govern that type of power.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
True, but to be honest, he has been a good source of info and the antics over at xjet(Bruce's other channel) are always good for a chuckle. His hot-seat residence is definitely due to his speaking out, but he has always followed their rules, at least as far as R/C is concerned. I can't say for the pulse-jet stuff, since I know nothing about what laws or regulations govern that type of power.

His "don't be an idiot" rule is probably the best one out there.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Bruce has done nothing illegal, but when you propose a Cruise Missile can be built with off the shelf components for $5K and make a CD to sell (his intention was to raise awareness of how simple the task could be for less than reputable folks and in doing so prevent any surprises from these same persons), it is possible to get the governments of several nations (and those who might "like" to use said same for "evil" purposes) in a complete uproar and be under their CLOSE scrutiny for life. Several such Governments nearly drove Bruce into complete poverty a decade or more ago. This was during the "Junkyard Challenge" days (Bruce and pulse jets appeared on that show several times).

Just trying to fill in some blanks for those who never knew or don't remember. I LIKE Bruce a lot!

Thurmond

Last edited: