HELP! Problems With my Mini Mustang

So yesterday I bought the FT Mini Mustang and ive finished the wing tail and fusalage and put them together but I was looking at my plane so far and I saw that the reccomended battery is an 800mAh and I have a 2200. Is there any way the 2200 will work with this plane or is the battery too big?
Photo on 5-11-20 at 8.27 AM.jpg

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
So yesterday I bought the FT Mini Mustang and ive finished the wing tail and fusalage and put them together but I was looking at my plane so far and I saw that the reccomended battery is an 800mAh and I have a 2200. Is there any way the 2200 will work with this plane or is the battery too big? View attachment 168609

A 2200mah battery is pretty big for the mini mustang. I would recommend just buying a couple of 3s 800mah batteries. HobbyKing has some cheap ones.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I'm currently waiting on my Mini Mustang kit but yes, 2200 is too large. I think I've read 850 is the preferred but some people have success with 1000mah. I don't think you'll have room for the 2200 anyway.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
2200 is way to big for the Mini Mustang, even the 3s 850mah I had was a PITA to get into the fuse and balance, It worked but it was tight. Mind you I haven't had one in awhile so if i was to do one now I would probably plan it better