HELP!! Save Vincent's plans (Unrau)

noahangel11

Always very sad to hear of such a gifted modeler passing, sad to say i didnt know of Vince until your post today on facebook.
Ive been modeling since the late 70s but i came very late to the foam party, its the only medium i use now, thank you for archiving these plans and running the webpage. these are going to keep me busy all Winter long.
Is there a dedicated page where i view some of these planes or build tips etc ?

I know Vince had a YouTube channel I think under the username RCFBAircraft where he showed some of his building. Sadly I did not grab build pics from his website before it went down.

I know Vince had a YouTube channel I think under the username RCFBAircraft where he showed some of his building. Sadly I did not grab build pics from his website before it went down.

Thanks for the info Noah, ive a look at some of Vince,s youtube vids last night, both sad and inspirational at the same time, i,ll go through them over the weekend, Thank you again ;0)

Sgt_Hoser

Hello all, I have just discovered these wonderful plans, and I have one question so far. What scale/page size are the full size drawings designed for? Are these scaled to print and fit on the standard DTFB size? Or larger? I see in the plans for each i downloaded several pages at are complete drawings labeled 54X35. Are these really for 54x35 Inches? and if so, what material are these plans intended for?

Thanks

Hoser

noahangel11

The plans were designed for foam board or depron. Look at the drawing for the material. Vince was from Canada. Maybe his source for foam was different size than DTFB?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hello all, I have just discovered these wonderful plans, and I have one question so far. What scale/page size are the full size drawings designed for? Are these scaled to print and fit on the standard DTFB size? Or larger? I see in the plans for each i downloaded several pages at are complete drawings labeled 54X35. Are these really for 54x35 Inches? and if so, what material are these plans intended for?

Thanks

Hoser
If you're cutting by hand, just print the plans as tiles, tape together, then arrange each of them to fit on 20x30 fb or whatever size material you're using. All of his plans that I've built are for 4.5mm~5mm thick fb. Some are incomplete plans that can be easily finished to your own specs.

randyrls

Randy

Noah; Check the internet archive (Wayback machine) This is an archive of internet web sites captured in a time line. You may be able to find the web site there. https://web.archive.org/

PS. I just came across this thread.....

synjin

Elite member
Crashed my Vincent D-VII sometime last year, and it sat in pieces for a while. I decided to fix it and while looking at reference pictures of D-VIIs I decided to do the struts more realistically. Sadly, I’m not sure that the wings are on straight or that I didn’t twist them while gluing in the struts. But they look nice so I thought I’d post pictures before I go out and crash it again. I think I’ll design a wing placement gage for when I build a new one.
3A94E5DB-3FEA-40A5-BE51-B5651559833A.jpeg

FC8E57F4-83F2-45CE-A032-D3EDA60FC071.jpeg

synjin

Elite member
Sadly the twisted wing caused the D-VII to be nearly uncontrollable. I think I’ll start again with a new build after designing a jig to make sure that the wing goes on straight.
B1E72485-6801-4F73-8EBC-D7CCB795EB73.jpeg

I salvaged all the electronics and they’ll go into the next one. I need to figure out where I put the skull and crossbones file.

LundiThembi

Sadly the twisted wing caused the D-VII to be nearly uncontrollable. I think I’ll start again with a new build after designing a jig to make sure that the wing goes on straight.
View attachment 227740
I salvaged all the electronics and they’ll go into the next one. I need to figure out where I put the skull and crossbones file.
I've stumbled across your posts a few times. My first attempt at flying Vincent's D-7 was a disaster. Way overbuilt and underpowered...uncontrollable. I'm doing a stripped down test version of it without the formers, stringers and poster board, also making it swappable. I saw you were doing alternate cabanes. Did you see this guys stuff... Cabanes?

Great stuff!

synjin

Elite member
I've stumbled across your posts a few times. My first attempt at flying Vincent's D-7 was a disaster. Way overbuilt and underpowered...uncontrollable. I'm doing a stripped down test version of it without the formers, stringers and poster board, also making it swappable. I saw you were doing alternate cabanes. Did you see this guys stuff... Cabanes?

Great stuff!

When I get off Honey-Do duty I'll get back to this! ...though there may be a MS F6F and MS P-40 in line a head of the D-VII. I love the article you linked and will give that a go on the next version. To save weight in the tail of my D-VII I used 1/4" blue foam (which is hard to get in Alaska now a days) for the formers, elevators and rudder. It's half the weight of foam board, so less trouble with CG.