HELP!! Save Vincent's plans (Unrau)

Steadfast

Thank you so much! I downloaded the plans and my son and I are cutting it now. What a great design! Better than I expected. My oldest son who is getting ready to study aerospace engineering at UAH designed a C-2A nose for our plan and I was able to 3D print it instead of using foam. It turned out great! I'll post some updates here in the next few weeks as we progress.

Thanks so much!

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_7764.jpg
    IMG_7764.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7746.jpg
    IMG_7746.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0

SavageX89

Wow! i know i'm late to the game, but i'm glad you all took the time to save these plans! now i need to build a b-17....

chris398mx

Master member
Thank you so much! I downloaded the plans and my son and I are cutting it now. What a great design! Better than I expected. My oldest son who is getting ready to study aerospace engineering at UAH designed a C-2A nose for our plan and I was able to 3D print it instead of using foam. It turned out great! I'll post some updates here in the next few weeks as we progress.

Thanks so much!

Michael
can you share the 3d printer model stl file. that looks awesome.

noahangel11

Hi guys,
today I was looking for a website that is also down. In the thread i was looking for the website somebody linked to the "way back machine" website. So I tried finding rcfbaircraft with this site and yeah you can see the old website! https://web.archive.org/web/20180820001556/http://rcfbaircraft.com/
I haven´t found any dowloadlinks there. But the pictures of the models!

with his wife's permission, I have posted the plans on a memorial site I created.

https://noahangel11.wixsite.com/legacyvrcfbplanes

bwarz

Master member
I was looking through a few of Vincent's incredible plans and videos but don't see how to do the outer skins. Is it just posterboard cut to fit however? My apologies for what may be a simple question. I do plan to make it up as I go along, but some thoughts before I start would be invaluable. Thanks!

TooJung2Die

Master member
Vincent drew his plans long before there were Master Series airplanes. I used card stock for the skins. You can use posterboard. He often used foam board stringers under the skin for strength. I didn't find that necessary and find the card stock is stiff enough without additional support.

bwarz

Master member
Vincent drew his plans long before there were Master Series airplanes. I used card stock for the skins. You can use posterboard. He often used foam board stringers under the skin for strength. I didn't find that necessary and find the card stock is stiff enough without additional support.
That's kinds of what I figured. The plans are excellent and the planes are incredible. Some include the skin patterns and some don't, I was figuring that on the 'don'ts' I'd just have to wrap and trim card stock as it appears you did - I suppose I assumed correctly :) Thanks!

Jeff Sawyer

Hello!!

I am looking for Vince's P-59 Aircomet Plans PLEASE?
this was the first jet for the US in WWII.

Thank You!
Jeff Sawyer

Huascar Candia

[QUOTE = "cgoffroad, post: 544470, member: 37003"] Tengo algunos planes de Vincent para un DH88 y un C130. ¿A quién puedo enviarlos para que se carguen en el sitio conmemorativo? [/ QUOTE]
Podrías enviarme los planos del C-130 por favor??
candiahuascar@gmail.com (este es mi Gmail)

noahangel11

[QUOTE = "cgoffroad, post: 544470, member: 37003"] Tengo algunos planes de Vincent para un DH88 y un C130. ¿A quién puedo enviarlos para que se carguen en el sitio conmemorativo? [/ QUOTE]
Podrías enviarme los planos del C-130 por favor??
candiahuascar@gmail.com (este es mi Gmail)

administro y soy dueño del sitio. Puedes enviar los planes para 5he DH88 a mi correo electrónico a través del formulario de contacto de la página o directamente a noahangel11@att.net. Verificaré si tengo los planos C-130. No he publicado todos los planes que tengo, ya que no he hecho eso.

I added the following plans to my legacy page if anyone is interested:
Hawker hurricane
Hawker Tempest
Dougles Dauntless
C-130
De Havilland DH-88 Comet

Don't ask me for specs or build pictures, I am only sharing what I have rescued from when Vincent Passed away.
https://noahangel11.wixsite.com/legacyvrcfbplanes

Always very sad to hear of such a gifted modeler passing, sad to say i didnt know of Vince until your post today on facebook.
Ive been modeling since the late 70s but i came very late to the foam party, its the only medium i use now, thank you for archiving these plans and running the webpage. these are going to keep me busy all Winter long.
Is there a dedicated page where i view some of these planes or build tips etc ?