Help selecting a gyro for a dx6i with dms2

Tony123

Hi, I just started this hobby and have been build the TT and the ft Aura 5 Lite caught my eye and was wondering if there are there any other options that are similar to it but are a cheaper and work the same and it work have to be compatible with a dx6i with DSM2.

Open to any suggestions
Thanks
Tony

alan0043

Easy to set up and already a DSMX receiver so nothing extra needed.

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a link to the Lemon receiver ? Or if I just do a Google search on Lemon receiver with stabilization, will the right part show up ?

Thanks for any input,
Al

Tony123

How do you setup a theee way switch on the dx6i so that you can get all three option on the lemon rx stabilizer?

IcedStorm777

I don't know about your experiences but let me give you my two cents. Don't go with a lemon receiver...

The two lemon receivers i have had both browned out and sent both planes into an uncontrolled nose dive. It ended up destroying a foamboard wing and a 64mm F-86 Saber that i had bought. I have never EVER had that problem with any other receiver. I think it is definitely worth the money to get a spectrum receiver. Call me crazy if you like, i am not trying to be pessimistic but that is just my experience with them. Good luck!

Bricks

Master member
When it comes to LOS there are two many variables to dig thru what causes a LOS I never blame LOS on the receiver unless I can recreate the problem and it shows me that is what has happened. LOS is usually caused by something shadowing the receiver in a certain attitude of the plane, having a BEC that cannot handle the servo draw or a servo that stalls. Pointing your transmitter at the plane as many cheaper transmitters only have one antenna. As HaiLee has stated many times receiver placement is paramount in keeping good radio contact with the airframe.

I have lost planes to what looked like LOS but once the carnage is picked up and trying to discover what caused the problem. Many times what looked like LOS but was pilot error flying too slow and turning causing a tip stall. The last Nitro I crashed looked like LOS but turns out the main switch was glitchy after checking everything out.

Lemon makes an excellent product I have at least 20 of them and never have had a LOS,

quorneng

Master member
I only use Lemon receivers with my DX6i. Mostly DSMX and some with the built in gyro.
The only problem I had ever had is using the older DSM2 type at busy club sites but they still work fine at my isolated site.
Being mean I have never actually bought or used a genuine Spektrum receiver!

IcedStorm777

Let me clarify that i am not saying that lemon is a bad brand but can only state that i haven't had a good experience with them. I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying from them but just want to give pros and cons. I wills say that their price is definitely better.

Andrew

G'day Mate
I've been using Spektrum for over 10 years now (DX6i DSM2 only) (DX8 first Gen) and have never experienced a in-flight brownout or glitches no matter what brand of receiver, Orange, Lemon, Storm, Spektrum. I know some of you think I'm BSing but it's the truth, I'm very careful with the power requirements and sometimes spend more than an hour deciding where to place the antenna's and ALWAYS aware of my transmitter antana direction when flying.

Bricks

Master member
Let me clarify that i am not saying that lemon is a bad brand but can only state that i haven't had a good experience with them. I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying from them but just want to give pros and cons. I wills say that their price is definitely better.

This post is the way your first post should of been instead of saying never buy a Lemon receiver is Like me saying that Open Transmitter is bad because I have bad experiences with it which I actually did but I still do not bash Open Transmitter as many use it and like it. Will I give my opinion you bet but will never tell any one not to buy or use Open Transmitter.

IcedStorm777

This post is the way your first post should of been instead of saying never buy a Lemon receiver is Like me saying that Open Transmitter is bad because I have bad experiences with it which I actually did but I still do not bash Open Transmitter as many use it and like it. Will I give my opinion you bet but will never tell any one not to buy or use Open Transmitter.

I said based on my experiences, i would never buy a lemon receiver. That is my opinion based on my experiences. It was not my purpose to offend anyone but that is simply my opinion. I have absolutely no problem with someone else saying that lemon receivers are the best receivers in the world. I may debate that but i wouldn't say that the person is wrong because that is their opinion.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Right now with the apocalypse in full flow who knows? I have had some stuff from my regular suppliers arrive next day, some has taken two weeks!
@IcedStorm777 We can all only judge from our own product experience. I would rather hear a contrary view from someone who has flown something than see more product fluffing, it’s one of the things I like about here vs YouTube reviewers, a good spread of opinion here backed by real flying.