help selecting a gyro

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I may be wrong but I don't think the no return home would be a big problem I was looking at these more to help me with the aileron control. that's where I think I make most of my mistakes.
return to home is not just for flying out of range....
you can fly in stabilized mode and when you get into trouble, then you toggle into return to home mode... if your high enough/switch to RTH before you crash, it will recover, take over in auto pilot and start flying itself back to you and circle overhead while you gather yourself, its the reason I got it for the grandsons they are just learning to fly,

alan0043

Yes .... actually I bought a couple of kopilots for my grandsons and and as luck would have it I made a how to install video for everyone while I was doing a video for the kids because there were no how to videos for using non sbus receivers like many have......and the instructions are WORTHLESS its not just chinglish, there is a lot of the setup details just missing and no one had addressed the incompatible ESC issue that I and many others faced

just uploaded to YT for the kids a couple days ago

also this video, its is a work around I devised to address the incompatible ESC issues many had

Thank you for sharing the videos. It looks like you need to have a screen on your transmitter to use any kind of gyro.

Al

TrashTek86

ok, so I asked in the wanted section if anyone had a gyro to sell but no one responded so guess now its time t break down and buy one. I found this one for 30 bucks. It says it is a 6 axis. Before I buy it, anyone see any reason I can't use it or shouldn't buy it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NB-One-Fix...697704?hash=item216bcfbee8:g:ew0AAOSwJTZdr8SG

My concern would be the instructions. And what is that other contraption that comes with it aside from where the servos plug into?

danskis

Master member
Someone just gave me this plane and I didn't want to wreck so I used that $14 3 action gyro. It worked great and I just swapped it out from the plane it was in with no adjustments. If you can afford the 6 action gyro buy it but if its a stretch the cheaper one works great.
gee bee.jpg

danskis

Master member
Also, how does that 6 function gyro work....do you have the right settings available on the FlySky....watch some videos before you buy it