Help wanted in San Diego [closed]

I've got a great part time job (1099) in San Diego for anyone with 5+ years of RC experience. You'll need to know sUAS inside and out, be capable of flying non-gyro multirotor and airplanes. You'll be working on a one of a kind, multi-million dollar operation. Strong knowledge of RC electronics, and soldering skills are required. 3D printing is a bonus. Part 107 preferred but not required.

Please contact me if you're interested.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is that even possible? flying multi rotors without gyros? Acro is done without accelerometers and is easy. I think without gyros is impossible. even normal collective pitch helis can not fly with out some sort of gyros as far as I am aware of.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Im not saying its not possible, but the amount of people with experience flying without gyros is going to be zero.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hmm...I'd definitely be interested, as I'm out of North County San Diego, but I'm wondering if I've already heard about this job. Are we talking trips out to El Centro and running 150mm size quadcopter frames?

Can you clarify what you mean about non-gyroscopic flight, though? Are you talking about flying without AS3X/SAFE?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Is that even possible? flying multi rotors without gyros? Acro is done without accelerometers and is easy. I think without gyros is impossible. even normal collective pitch helis can not fly with out some sort of gyros as far as I am aware of.

I guess it's theoretically possible using insanely complex radio mixing, but it would fly like crap and be extremely hard to control. I'm guessing the OP is talking about accelerometer assisted flight for multirotors. To be perfectly frank, even if I met the 5 year minimum and could relocate, I still wouldn't want to work for someone who didn't know the difference.

sprzout

Mentor
I guess it's theoretically possible using insanely complex radio mixing, but it would fly like crap and be extremely hard to control. I'm guessing the OP is talking about accelerometer assisted flight for multirotors. To be perfectly frank, even if I met the 5 year minimum and could relocate, I still wouldn't want to work for someone who didn't know the difference.

I might know who it is...If it's who I think it is, he came to talk to my club a few months back.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Id be more worried over the 1099 stuff. "Contractor" here means you go thru a temp service and work for a pimp. They charge 3 to 4x what you get paid and do exactly squat for you. Last time I had to work for a pimp up here I was doing well and got a dollar an hour raise my first month. My pimp actually had the balls to show up when I was on night shift making more money for the shift differential and showed up randomly in the bay I was working. I asked him what he was doing there specially in the middle of the night and the prick told me "I had to come see what it is you do that we pay you so much." I about jumped thru the machine I was working on to choke the living crap out of him.

I was making $17.50 an hour as an R&D test tech straight out of school. I found out later that Temp service was getting $46.90 per hour for my work.

sprzout

Mentor
My other thing is I'm not quitting my current job to go work part time. I want to know hours, times, etc. If it's weekends type of thing, I can swing it. If its a "6 months, and we're done" type of thing, not interested.

I could have worded it better. I meant non-self-leveling multi-rotor and non-gyro airplane.

It is not in El Centro, I will provide more detail over the phone.

Yes you are working as a contractor, and nobody is pimping you out. The pay is great.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I dunno. If I were a young, unmarried guy, this sounds like a dream job.

6 months out in SO Cal flying stuff for pay?

Per the ad they want you to know about RC tech so maybe the boss won't understand gyros versus accelerometers. I do. Hire me to 'splain it.

It almost sounds too good to be true, but if it pans out, I'd be on the motorcycle headed to the beaches of Cali in a heartbeat.

Seriously, If FliteTest made this offer and you were 22 years old what would you do? This isn't FliteTest but California has a lot on Ohio for a young man or woman.

Now if OP is a scumbag he can burn in Hades, but my 22 year old self wouldn't be typing this out. I'd already be on the phone.

The boss understands a lot more than gyros and accelerometers. Please move on from the typo. The scumbag comment was unnecessary, and you not being local disqualifies you anyway.