Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can help!

• Search on another site

• Total voters

freemansfocus

Srceamin' Freeman
I don't remember where to start when trying to program my Naze 32 FC so my quad will fly.

As the saying goes, "If you ain't crashin', you ain't flyin'. I was attempting some LOS aerobatics with my 250 multi-rotor, and broke an arm (I promise they were tame aerobatics, was trying a hammerhead stall :p). So I finally got a new frame, and have the major components installed:

motors emax 2204 2300kv
ESCs ? (the quad was given to me as is and the previous owner wasn't sure what they were
PDB
FC Naze 32 V6 I think
Rx: Orange RX 6 ( I have to go with a standard receiver because that is all I have at the moment-- so separate leads are going from the motor pins to the individual channels on the Rx)

My FC is not talking to my computer. I have tried repeatedly to go through both clean flight and Beta flight, and it says "connecting" for a few seconds, then will disconnect.

This is driving me batty. Can someone please help? :(

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flite Test and yes you have come to the right place. See if this jars your memory.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
About your poll...

Yes, Flitetest forums are where you want to be to get this fixed. However, it might help you to ask a moderator to move your thread from the tips and tricks section over to Multi-Rotors. You might get more eyeballs on it, :)

A move is NOT mandatory and you have done nothing wrong and our mods are (mostly) nice folk. :D

On to your trouble.

You need to get your flight controller connecting to your PC first. That is what is stopping you now and the video above may not cover this common problem.

If Cleanflight won't connect, you need to fix that first. The first thing to know is that to connect a Naze to any PC or Mac you need the driver installed. You can find a link to the driver on the front page of Cleanflight. The one you want is the top link. Once the driver is installed it is key that you restart the computer before you attempt to connect the Naze.

If installing the driver and restarting doesn't fix the problem, look hard at the cable you use to connect the Naze to the PC. All USB cables are NOT the same. The USB cable you use has to pass data, not just be for recharging a cell phone. 9 out of 10 times this problem gets to this point, it's the USB cable at fault. I have seen people try 5 or 6 cables until they find one that works.

These are steps one and two and these will fix the problem most of the time. There are other things to try but start with these.

Welcome to the FliteTest forums freemansfocus!

EDIT:
One last dig at TimeCop. Cleanflight blows Baseflight away! :)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
About your poll...

Yes, Flitetest forums are where you want to be to get this fixed. However, it might help you to ask a moderator to move your thread from the tips and tricks section over to Multi-Rotors. You might get more eyeballs on it, :)

A move is NOT mandatory and you have done nothing wrong and our mods are (mostly) nice folk. :D
Moved for your convenience.;)

Which mod(s) are not mostly nice?:confused:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Which mod(s) are not mostly nice?:confused:

If you're fishing, you better watch out for the Flying Monkey! He's been known to bite the heads off trolls. :D

Freemansfocus, this last bit is a forum joke about a troll named 'Ruby'. Your post and this thread are fine. :)

freemansfocus

Srceamin' Freeman
Thanks for the move to the right forum and for the info! The Joshes were right in that everyone on here has been very helpful, and not told me just to "google it". You guys and gals rock!

freemansfocus

Srceamin' Freeman
As Wile E Coyote says...

..."Well, back to the drawing board." I still can't figure out why the bootloader isn't being recognized by clean flight. I also tried re-flashing it in beta flight as well. I looked up several YouTube vids with no luck on un-bricking the Naze board. Until I can buy a new FC, I'm trying an old kk2. That's a whole other story. Thanks again for your help!

freemansfocus

Srceamin' Freeman
Update

Well, my little 250 is still riding the pine. (Baseball season is nigh upon us!) I'm waiting on a breakout cable from RMRC, so I can use the other Naze I have. Once she's Airworthy, I'll post a photo. Hasta la vista!