Help with batteries?

RcNoob345

Hi, everyone,

I've seen the beginner series and I got really confused on the battery episode. I didn't understand about charging them, mainly. The battery I want to get for my ft old speedster is a turnigy 1000mAH 3s 20c lipo pack. Could someone please tell me stuff like flight time, what charger I will need, how long to charge for, ect. Thanks guys that would be a huge help.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Flight time is really going to be dependent on you setup and how you fly. But 6 to 10 min is a good guess.

Get a 4 button multi chemistry charger and watch you tube vids etc to get familiar with the operation of it.
The Turnigy AC6 is a decent charger that can grow some with your needs.

Not adaptable but will charge you battery just fine (a little over 1C for your 1000mah bat)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...o_Charger_100_240v_US_Plug_US_Warehouse_.html

At a 1C charge rate, it'll take about an hour to charge.

RcNoob345

Flight time is really going to be dependent on you setup and how you fly. But 6 to 10 min is a good guess.

Get a 4 button multi chemistry charger and watch you tube vids etc to get familiar with the operation of it.
The Turnigy AC6 is a decent charger that can grow some with your needs.

Not adaptable but will charge you battery just fine (a little over 1C for your 1000mah bat)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...o_Charger_100_240v_US_Plug_US_Warehouse_.html

At a 1C charge rate, it'll take about an hour to charge.

Ok I will have a look at that. Thanks for the quick advice! :) the problem with the charger is that it is a US plug. I am from the uk and I am looking for one with a uk plug.

Last edited:

Tactical Ex

Ok I will have a look at that. Thanks for the quick advice! :) the problem with the charger is that it is a US plug. I am from the uk and I am looking for one with a uk plug.

The Accucel 6 is your best bet and it doesn't come with a power adaptor so you can grab whatever one suits your needs.
I went to a thrift store and bought an old laptop PSU that supplied 18v at 4000Mah! so I can charge a 4000mah battery at 1C, the best thing ... I only spent $4 for it and had to solder the DC connector to it because the one it came with didn't fit the charger.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
One thing I wanted in a charger was the ability to discharge batteries too. Most "programmable" ones have a "Storage" option that's important every time you don't use the battery.

Also it's nice to have the option to connect it to a car battery and never forget all the different balancer adapters.

I got some advice at my local hobby shop and payed a little more for a "Hitec Multicharger X1MF" to have those features - and a little more like an included servotester e.g.