Help with binding the aura and lemon satellite receiver with a spektrum DX8e

randym

Morning, I have been following Josh's instructions on building the simple stick and the instructions are great. Got the stick built and al the equipment installed. The satellite Josh called for is out of stock and not made anymore but they said I could use the Lemon satellite with the aura board. I believe I have everything wired correctly. Initially, I could not get the aura board and the lemon to bind to the spektrum as Josh showed (simply adding power to the aura board and turning on the spetrum while holding down the bind button) I did finally get the aura board and lemon to bind to the spektrum I think by holding down the bind button on the aura board and on the spektrum at the same time but with all I was trying I'm not sure. At this point, there is a green and orange light on the aura board and the lemon is lit red and they are connected (bind) to the spektrum. All the functions work except the rudder is backward. Now the issue. The aura board went into quick change once with a green light by pressing both blue buttons at once but it wouldn't reverse the throw of the rudder when the toggle was pushed to one side. After that I can't get the aura board to return to the green light mode.

Here are the questions. Does the aura board bind to a Spektrum DX8e? Did I bind the radio and aura correctly? Is there something that can be done with the aura board to get it working? Could I have pressed the blue buttons to hard? Should I try another aura board? Thank you for any help you can give me. Ask for pictures or a phone number. THANK YOU

randyrls

Randy
Randy; I would download the latest firmware for the DX8e and for the Aura too. Download the Aura config tool to a Windows PC and then update the Aura firmware. You may also have to create a new model profile in the DX8e after updating the transmitter firmware.

You can configure the Aura outside the plane. It doesn't have to be installed in the plane. I have a "Dummy" plane to use for configuration and to figure out how to adjust things.

You have to hold full rudder for a long time, about 10 seconds as I remember. There are several things that can prevent you from doing this. Make sure the rudder trim is centered. Also the throws need to be reset to 125% These are all mentioned in the FT videos but it doesn't say you have to do this.

You can also reverse the Rudder throw in the Aura Config Tool. MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE DIRECTION IN ALL THREE FLIGHT MODES!!!!

I'm fighting with Dual Rates at the moment..... <sigh>

bisco

Elite member
not sure if it applies to your situation, but the biggest problem i had with aura 5 lite was trying to push the buttons correctly. they are way too small, and in a bad spot.
second biggest problem was the vague instruction sheet. i also use a lemon satellite