help with Creality

sundown57

Legendary member
Any chance anyone in here knows how to use Marlin or Arduino ? I simply need to learn how to flash the firmware on my ender 5 . I already have downloaded the files but for the life of me can't figure out how to upload them.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I'm here for you buddy;

I personally haven't tried it on my Ender 3, apparently the 5 (plus) has a bootloader so "hopefully" you are good.
(Fingers crossed.)

If the 5 has the same board as the 3, you'll have a little more work ahead of ya... (and need a bit more hardware.)
Another one (kinda gets off track with all the board options, and annoying background music...) :rolleyes:

sundown57

Legendary member
thank you much. i have watched those and many more several times. My problem is with the ender 5 most of these are built on the end 3 so when i upload them it changes my printer to display ever 3 and it doesn't work.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, so you have done the bootloader?
(Can you now plug the board right to the computer and flash the firmware?)

If you have that all sorted out (the hard part)
Then you just use the Arduino software to upload it.

If you asking how to configure Marlin, that's a whole other ball of wax.
(Have you found a pre-configured Marlin setup for the 5?)

sundown57

Legendary member
the 1.1.5 board has the bootloader already installed so that's a plus for me. I am suppose to have found the correct marlin config.for the ender 5 but when i try to use it i get a sanguino board error. I do have a sanguino board and i do have it selected in tools so now i dont know how to fix that

sundown57

Legendary member
the filer i downlaod that is suopse to be for the ender 5 says marlin_bugfix-2.0X. so i opened arduino, then opened file marlin.iso in the 2.o folder. now the programs say Marlin/ Arduino 1.8.9

kilroy07

Legendary member
I'm looking into it... I may have mispoke... give me a minute to look further into this...

Maybe provide the link to the software you downloaded and the Specific error and language of that error.

sundown57

Legendary member
maybe this will help ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.31.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.31.55 AM.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
I also notice in the older marlin there are a whole lot more tabs across the top then there are in the 2.0 bug fix. it looks like im missing half the program in the new release. but that's the one that has the BLtouch enabled and the correct firmware for the ender 5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.42.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 11.42.45 AM.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 0

kilroy07

Legendary member
it maybe that what you downloaded were just the specific files (config) for the ender 5 and was meant to be installed (copied) on top of the default Marlin software...

Try downloading the default marlin software to a folder
https://marlinfw.org/meta/download/

Then copy your downloaded version on top of it and try that.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Or maybe not...
I installed Marlin and opened it up and this was all I got...

Been meaning to do this for awhile, so thanks for the prompt to do so... But I am confused why this isn't working for you.
As I just uploaded a basic build to an old MKS Gen board I had laying around.

deleteme.jpg