Help with dx6i

AlphaMaille44

I received an AT6 Texan for my birthday recently and I have it bound to my DX6i. The flaps and gear switches work their functions on the airplane, but I'm having trouble assigning the safe mode switch to another switch like the throttle hold or rudder switch. On my Timber and Maule I have it configured to my gear switch, but I'm using the gear switch for the retracts. I've tried going in and adding it to an empty switch, but it doesn't work. In wanting to be able to flip the switch and turn off safe mode so that I can practice aerobatics and such. Can someone detail how to do it please?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

FDS

Elite member
You may have runout if channels. Safe occupies a channel all to itself, so you have 4 flying control channels, 1 channel for gear, one for flaps = 6. No channel left for safe.
This is why people have DX8’s etc, as you can run out of space fast with all those features. All I can suggest is having the flaps turned off to start with and use the flaps channel for safe. If I remember right tho, Safe is on channel 7 default, on models with flaps, so that might not work.
You may now need a bigger transmitter.
That’s a very pretty model, definitely worth spending extra on!

AlphaMaille44

You may have runout if channels. Safe occupies a channel all to itself, so you have 4 flying control channels, 1 channel for gear, one for flaps = 6. No channel left for safe.
This is why people have DX8’s etc, as you can run out of space fast with all those features. All I can suggest is having the flaps turned off to start with and use the flaps channel for safe. If I remember right tho, Safe is on channel 7 default, on models with flaps, so that might not work.
You may now need a bigger transmitter.
That’s a very pretty model, definitely worth spending extra on!

On my other planes safe select always uses the gear switch/channel, that's why I'm asking for help to assign it to another switch. I'm planning on getting a new radio as soon as I have the funds.

FDS

Elite member
It’s not the switches that are your problem, your TX can only transmit 6 channels, you need 7 for this to work. You can’t assign more than 6 functions total. Although the TX has more than 6 switches/gimbals it can still only send those maximum of 6 things, the two position switches just send higher signals of the same channel, so Safe on/intermediate/acro is one channel, with the three ranges being sent from a single switch. It still uses a full TX channel, not just a switch.
I am betting your other planes do not have retracts AND flaps AND safe?