Help With First Time Build

UnleRIco

Hi guys, I am following this build: https://www.prusaprinters.org/how-to-build-a-3d-printed-micro-drone/

Build and soldering went fine. Binding was funny (the light on my FS-RX2A PRO V1 goes solid when my Tx turns on but no Rx bar shows up on the screen of my Fs-i6) Is that normal? I have seen at least one video on YT where the TX display had both a Tx and Rx bar on the top right of the display.

My FC connects to beta flight and I setup a serial receiver in the ports section but I can't get any connection between the Fs-i6 and the quad. (ie in betaflight on the receiver tab there is no movement.
In the configuration tab of betaflight I have DSHOT600 and I also have using a serial based receiver and SBUS.

I know that my FS-i6 works somewhat because I am able to connect it to my PC with a wire and use it with FPV Free Rider.

My receiver (FS-RX2A PRO V1) has 4 wires on a wire harness(black red yellow and light brown), but I could not find a pin out for it. Though on the page where I bought it, there is a question asked and supposedly the yellow wire is the ibus wire. If anyone had a pin out for this Receiver I would appreciate it.

Is there a way to verify communication between the FC and the receiver and also a way to verify communication between the transmitter and the receiver.

UnleRIco

Thanks Merv! I did find that shortly after posting. I do have it wired up correctly, unfortunately still no response in the FC when I throttle up, or do anything else.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Here are the pinouts, looks like they have changed.

A0AF8748-0458-4859-A31E-4E2EA11D0611.jpeg

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Mr. Mak is correct, you need to select IBUS rather than SBUS as your serial provider.

The receiver tab is where you get your confirmation that it's all working.

UnleRIco

Thanks guys! IBUS was the solution. I also had to solder the signal wire to a diff pad on my FC. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_150738234.jpg
    IMG_20190113_150738234.jpg
    924.6 KB · Views: 0

Lvet

Hello,
I am Using the same guide to setup the Prusa3D Quadcopter.
Nevertheless, even thought I can connect the transmitter to the quad (I can see the switches and the inputs moving in the receiver section of Betaflight), I cannot find a way to arm and have the motors spinning.
I am running out of ideas.
I followed the checklist at https://blog.dronetrest.com/quadcopter-not-arming-how-to-solve-in-betaflight/
But cannot find a way to remove the red "ARM (disabled)" box

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 13.25.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 13.25.16.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

iLuddite

Thanks guys! IBUS was the solution. I also had to solder the signal wire to a diff pad on my FC. Thanks again!
I'm running into the same problems and am following the PRUSA build. I've followed the suggestions in this post- but I can't get the FLYSKY i6 to show up on betaflight. How did you all set up betaflight? I followed the manual for the HGLRC F413 (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2672/8290/files/HGLRC_F413.pdf?817 ) but am confused by it listing PPM, SBUS, etc. The manual doesn't list IBUS as a possibility- just SBUS. The available pads are SBUS, DSMX, and PPM.

Also unlerico - did you solder your wire to DSMX on your FC?