Help with my KK2 board

sakadalim

I just built my first tricopter v2.5 and I'm using it with the Spektrum DX7s.

1) what setting should i change on the KK2 board so that i can start to fly straight away. (I already change the kk2 mode to tricopter) should i change anything else or use the default setting?

2) What do I have to change on my DX7s to get it to work properly with the tricopter?

3) if possible, someone who has a tricopter too, can u please tell me all your config on the kk2? I will use that and improve on that.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/181270330X7478X47.pdf

Use that as a starting guide. It details your initial setup. I just setup my tricopter last Sunday. Also, what firmware are you running on your kk2 board? If you're stock it'll be 1.2. First thing you should be doing is to upgrade the firmware to v1.6. And try to fly the first time with self level turned OFF. It might be a bit difficult as you'll have to constantly feed in corrections, but with self level on, you'll probably have to tune more things at once.
Go to Show motor layout and confirm your motors spin in the correct directions and you have the correct props mounted.
Do the receiver test and calibrate escs. On your radio, it should just be in normal, airplane mode, with 1 aileron and no mixing. I don't remember my exact gains on mine, but I started off with whatever came with the v1.6 firmware. I had to reduce the pitch and roll gains a bit to remove oscillations.

sakadalim

Thanks Arunabha42,

I followed this instruction exactly and so my props are all in the same direction. I did a quick google search and found that it doesn't really make any difference.

I cannot update my firmware because i don't have the necessary items to do so. If i order it now, I would only receive it in about 2 weeks or more. Can I fly using the stock v1.2 firmware?

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I cannot update my firmware because i don't have the necessary items to do so. If i order it now, I would only receive it in about 2 weeks or more. Can I fly using the stock v1.2 firmware?

Absolutely. The auto-level isn't quite as crisp. And you really don't need it. I had no auto-level for my first 3 months of flying. But to be "safe" if you don't have any flight time. . . I would suggest flying low (<25ft) and conservative (nose out and no radical movement).

Absolutely. The auto-level isn't quite as crisp. And you really don't need it. I had no auto-level for my first 3 months of flying. But to be "safe" if you don't have any flight time. . . I would suggest flying low (<25ft) and conservative (nose out and no radical movement).

I concur. Just practice hovering and be ready to feed in corrections. All the best!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Absolutely, Until you can master the hover the rest of the skills to fly it will not follow.

Thurmond

All the best! Have fun! I'll be flying mine tomorrow as well. Maidened it last week. Arms folded mid flight. The nuts were loose and I had promised myself just to take off hover and land. But, I started having too much fun! Anyways, got lock nuts on mine now, will see what happens now. :)