Help with parts on FT Flyer

3Josiah4

Hey, I'm new to the hobby but it is my passion and dream so i'll be digging into it alot, but i am having trouble figuring out exactly what to buy to make the FT Flyer. I have a 'recommended electronics' list from FliteTest's tutorial, but what about the charger, wire connectors, and random hardware needed? i need a straight forward list of exactly what i need to build this thing. (as a note i have tons of DT foamboard but that is literally it) Thanks for your help!

Garret234

Hi here is a list.: Hot glue gun/glue (get one you can grow with), #11 xacto knife and extra blades, ruler, scissors, tape (packing and normal), Velcro,and rubber bands. That is pretty much it for building supplies. Here are the random parts for the electronics. jst batt/esc plug, 3.5mm bullet connectors male/female, 5mm shrink tube, 2mm linkage stoppers (not required it just makes stuff a lot easier). I am using a Imax b5 battery charger, but the Imax b6 is much better and has the xt60 setup instead of the deans. Hope this helped and good luck .

kdobson83

I use wire from those utility marking flags u see on the side of the road (or bought from lowes for $6 for 100 flags) to make the landing gear and control rods, Ive heard coat hangers work too. I just got into the hobby myself and found that i dont use the landing gear though, theres no point if your doing grass landings. If your not buying the speed build kit your gona need some hobby plywood to make your firewall for your power pod and your control horns as well. I think they say to use 1/16" but i couldnt find any so i use 1/8" for the firewall and 1/32" for the control horns. You can also make your control horns out of old credit cards/gift cards. Check out https://youtu.be/RpIdJX5Jagw This guy has some good tips and tricks. And may i suggest getting a prop saver setup if your still learning. I went through 10 props before I got mine and have only broken 1 prop since. lol If i can think of any more tips ill let you know. :)
Good luck mate.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
well i would of got the b pack but since you ordered everything the only thing you may need is a good glue gun if you dont have one