HELP WITH QUADCOPTER

Dschwapp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TYpXm5DpNU&feature=youtu.be

I built this quad about a month ago and I have not been able to fly it. The problem seems to be with motor number one. When I try to take off, the quad moves forward rapidly and uncontrollably instead of staying level. I have done many ACC calibrations, I have checked the Center of gravity, I have changed the motors, escs, and the flight computer but the problem persists. Even when I try to compensate with the remote the quad still (uncontrollably) moves forward. I am using the setting for the “deadcat” model recommended by hobbyking (See below). Please help if you have any ideas of what the problem is and how I can fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TYpXm5DpNU&feature=youtu.be

Specs:
Motors: NTM Prop Drive Series 28-30S 900kv / 270w
ESCs: Neewer® 30A Brushless Speed Controller ESC
Props: 10x5E Carbon Fiber Propellers CW and CCW Rotation
Battery: Turnigy 3000mAh 4S 20C Lipo Pack
Flight Computer: HobbyKing® KK2.1HC Multi-Rotor Hard Case Flight Control Board
Transmitter: Turnigy T10CHG 2.4G

PI Editor:
Axis: Roll (Aileron)
P Gain: 50
P limit: 100
I Gain: 25
I limit 20

Axis: Pitch (Elevator)
P Gain: 50
P limit: 100
I Gain: 25
I limit 20

Axis: Yaw (Rudder)
P Gain: 55
P limit: 20
I Gain: 60
I limit 10

Mode Settings:
Self Level: AUX
Link Roll Pitch: YES
Auto Disarm: YES
CPPM Enabled: NO

Stick Scaling:
Roll (Ail):30
Pitch (Ele): 30
Yaw (Rud): 30
Throttle: 90

Misc Settings:
Minnimum Throttle: 20
Height Dampening: 0
Hight D Limit: 30
Alarm Volts: 0
Servo Filter: 50

Self Level Settings:
P Gain: 42
P limit: 55
ACC trim Roll: 0
ACC trim Pitch: 0

Mixor Editor: Channel 1, 2,3, and 4
Throttle: 95
Aileron -34
Elevator: 94
Rudder: 78
Offset: 0
Type: ESC Rate: High

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
I really have no idea about this, but this post will bring this thread back up on top of the "New posts" section, for more commenting by other people.
:D

ThorTheGodKiller

I am not sure what it could be from the video but it looks as though your ESCs may not be calibrated properly as when you spin up slowly the motors start at different times. Although there are some other things you can check.

-Re-calibrate you ESCs through the KK2 board
-Make sure that the correct motor layout is loaded on the KK2 board and check that your motors are hooked into the correct ports and that your motors are spinning the correct direction
-Then make sure your Receiver ports are hooked up properly to the KK2 board
-Do an ACC celebration (I know you said you've done it many times but one more time won't hurt)
-Go into your Transmitter and reset all your trims to zero

I know most of these sound like basic things but we all make mistakes so just try, let me know if any of that helps or fixes it

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
For one thing, you are trying to fly nose in.

Also, it's not helpful for the multirotor community to try and fly an unproven medium sized quad in that area.

x0054

What happens if you hold the quad in your hand, under the quad, and five it throttle. Can you feel it actively trying to pitch foreword, or is it just kind of limp, just trying to trust up in what ever direction the top points. Also, did you make sure that it's in the right stability mode? I am not familiar with the KK board, but the holding in the hand test is a good one to preform when ever in doubt.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
If your sure that motor number one (top left/top right) is whacked, then you might have skipped in in the calibration process, or the motor is just toast. Does the quad to straight forward or slightly to one side as well? If it goes straight forward then it's probably the kk2 board thats messing with you.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
He's got the KK2 pointing at him in the video. You can easy see since the KK21.5-HC has the display ribbon socket on the rear, which is the front on his quad. If he's nudging the elevator forward to stop it from coming at him, he's actually making it pitch harder "backwards".

HawkMan

He's got the KK2 pointing at him in the video. You can easy see since the KK21.5-HC has the display ribbon socket on the rear, which is the front on his quad. If he's nudging the elevator forward to stop it from coming at him, he's actually making it pitch harder "backwards".

If the display cable on the kk2.1 HC is at the front, its not backwards on that quad which you seem to say. The front of the dead cat style quad is the side pointing towards him, so if he pulled the stick back there it shouldn't accelerate. Why he's flying with the front towards him and not away I don't know though.

Also at the start of the video you can see he isn't even touching the right stick. But no one seems to have directly asked if calibrated the kk boards level state.

gah, I think my keyboard on the pad was being annoying and lost half it's dictionary and decided to randomly replace words again.

Last edited:

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
You must be using a translator, so I'm not too sure what you're saying. As to him not calibrating the ACC, it would not arm unless he did.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The KK2 will not arm, as in will not spin the motors, as in will not fly. . . if you do not do the ACC calibration.

Not sure why this thread keeps going, the guy posted days ago and hasn't been back.

As I said, the guy apparently is new to multirotors and and is attempting to fly nose in. That alone should explain 99% of his problem.

Last edited: