Help with sea angel

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I built a sea angel per the video and from my previous experiences even added cooling holes. I am not going to fly it off of water anyways. Even with all that, my motor keeps cutting out. It was just fine on my last build, the simple cub with the same electronics. I also took it out and tested it and it works just fine. Beither the esc motor or battery sre hot when it cuts out does anyone have any ideas? How could I make it fly?

Jade_Monkey07

Describe more of when it's happening, does it run fine for a minute then die? Or does it cut out at max throttle right away. Recalibrate the esc? Maybe some pics of where the esc is mounted. I tend to mount mine on the outside now just to make sure it's getting enough cooling. Only other thing I can think of is a bad solder joint somewhere or a partially broken wire.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Describe more of when it's happening, does it run fine for a minute then die? Or does it cut out at max throttle right away. Recalibrate the esc? Maybe some pics of where the esc is mounted. I tend to mount mine on the outside now just to make sure it's getting enough cooling. Only other thing I can think of is a bad solder joint somewhere or a partially broken wire.
Ill upload some pics later today. It flies just fine for about 2-3 minutes and then the motor starts pulsing, and in the next 10 seconds cuts out.

Andrew

G'day Mate
Ill upload some pics later today. It flies just fine for about 2-3 minutes and then the motor starts pulsing, and in the next 10 seconds cuts out.
If the same electronics was working well in the Cub and not over heating then it could be the battery starting to go bad. I've seen this happen when the battery gets low, the "Low Voltage Cut Off" has kicked in, depending on the ESC firmware it will either "suddenly stop", "reduce power" or "Pulsate".

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
If the same electronics was working well in the Cub and not over heating then it could be the battery starting to go bad. I've seen this happen when the battery gets low, the "Low Voltage Cut Off" has kicked in, depending on the ESC firmware it will either "suddenly stop", "reduce power" or "Pulsate".
The thing is, it happened with 3 different batteries, all from different companies and work just fine in other planes

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Ill check the custom soldered motor extensions. Thanks for the solder joint idea