Help With Swappable electronics. (ESC)

FDS

Elite member
It happens when you put the stick in a certain position for too long when it’s initialising.
FT make their own, email the store Customer Service.

Hi,
just took my commuter out for a test flight after I got the Esc out of programming mode but still having problems:cry:. When i turn it on it does the three connection beeps and then the two throttle beeps but when the throttle beeps are going on there are two lower beeps. Also when I try to throttle up it sputters and jerks both direction before running smoothly but underpowered. thank you so much for all the help, I know I ask you guys a lot about things:).

Last edited:
Reactions: FDS
I just swapped out the Esc and same thing:cry:. wondering it is a transmitter or receiver problem. Have you heard of problems with the TX and RX that are like this. Thanks so much for all the help.

Ps. I am using a Fs-i6x and the receiver that comes with it.

FDS

Elite member
Your throttle gimbal might be faulty. Try swapping the throttle to the “wrong” stick/channel and see if it works. If it does then you will need to find another gimbal from somewhere. They are available as a spare part for about $15.

FDS

Elite member
You could try swapping a servo and the throttle, that way you could check both channels at once, the throttle moving channel would check the TX and the servo on the throttle channel will check the RX is right.

You could try swapping a servo and the throttle, that way you could check both channels at once, the throttle moving channel would check the TX and the servo on the throttle channel will check the RX is right.
Would i just switch channel one and two, and than move the throttle gimbal to test the servo and then the rudder gimbal to test the motor?

FDS

Elite member
Put the throttle on the elevator channel, swap those, whichever they are. That way you can see if it’s the stick. Move the right stick up, that should do the throttle properly, PROP OFF, then move the left stick up and down, should wiggle the elevator.

FDS

Elite member
The throttle will work on the Elevator channel and the elevator servo will not work on the throttle channel.

I tried your idea and everything seemed to go alright because the elevator moved when I moved the throttle stick. Correct me if I am wrong but does this mean that my TX and RX are still working? After I got the throttle and servo back in there places I took a video of my problem and it is linked here. The weird thing is the motor seems to spin fine without a prop:unsure:.

Last edited:

Rhaps

Elite member
I tried your idea and everything seemed to go alright because the elevator moved when I moved the throttle stick. Correct me if I am wrong but does this mean that my TX and RX are still working? After I got the throttle and servo back in there places I took a video of my problem and it is linked here. The weird thing is the motor seems to spin fine without a prop:unsure:.
It could be just the motor wires or their connection to motor which should be possible to fix.
Try moving the wiring around a bit and see if it makes any change.

If you are unlucky then you happened to use too long screws to attach the motor (or too thin firewall - same thing) and they broke the copper wiring inside the motor - dont ask how I know :confused:.