Help With Swappable electronics. (ESC)

FDS

Elite member
So, when the channels were swapped did that motor problem persist when you tried the same test with the throttle on the Elevator channel.
If the servo moved smoothly on the throttle channel then it’s unlikely the issue is the gimbal.
Do all the other controls work fine? If so there is nothing wrong with the TX/RX connection. Radio reception and binding are on or off faults, you either get a bind or you don’t. If the receiver is getting poor reception, like if your antenna is damaged or badly sited, you would get reception on the bench but would suffer signal loss when flying. It’s very unusual to lose one channel of a receiver.
The motor is appearing to idle fine without a load on, suggesting that the connections and gimbal/radio are all working correctly. The prop imposes a load on the motor, the minute that is happening then it’s stuttering. I would say the motor is now the most likely issue IF the channel swap test was completed fully and successfully. Radials have a lifetime warranty, you should be able to get a replacement from the store.
As noted above, be careful when fitting motors, use the shortest possible screws and spin them by hand before putting any power in, I also look at the gap between the screw and the rotor, if it’s possible to see. I trashed a whole set of nano quad motors by using screws that were too long.

Last edited:
When I swapped the elevator for the throttle and moved the throttle stick the elevator moved smoothly but when I moved the elevator stick the motor just did a crazy beeping sequence. Does this mean that my motor is bad? if the motor is a problem who should I contact to get a replacement.

ps. thank you FDS so much for all the help:).

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Wherever you bought the motor from should replace it.
Sounds like the gimbal is fine.
It could well be that the motor is damaged. Did it do that on the new ESC as well as the old one?

New motor just arrived in the mail. I put it on the plane and with a quick power test the motor is working and the planes seems to have the right amount of power for when I did a throttle test with the plane facing up it seemed that it could lift out of my hands :) :). The only thing is it that even after calibration it seems that after 60 percent throttle the motor does not speed up. Is this normal? Thank you so so much FDS, I do not think I would get nearly this far without your help :) (y).

FDS

Elite member
That’s the throttle curve, you have reached maximum RPM at your given voltage. You can mess with the throttle setting to make 100% the end of the stick throw. If your radio allows it’s also worth calibrating your sticks, the option is usually in the setup menu if it’s on there.