Help with the controls.

Every time I have needed help you have delivered! So as you can imagine I need help once again, I am getting all of the electronics set up with my mighty mini arrow from flite test and when they were going over how the ailerons move he showed when he moves his right stick (I don't know what its called the stick on the right of your controller that you can move up, down, left and right) he shows both ailerons moving up and down at the same time and when he moves the stick the left one raises up and right the other raises up, but for me when I move it up or down then only the left alerion moves and when I move it left or right the right alerion moves. I Don't know how to fix this I am on a turnigy i6 and am very confused. Please help!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I use the Flysky/turnigy and the servos should be plugged into channel one and channel 2.

You then enter the programming menu and select the "Elevon" mix

Now you get to experiment as to what combination of actual servo position, (Ch1 or Ch2 that the servos are fitted into, sometimes you may need to swap them around), in combination with whether or not the channel output needs to be reversed, (the servo direction) under the reverse section of the setup menu.

With a little playing you can find out exactly what your setup requires.

Have fun!

I use the Flysky/turnigy and the servos should be plugged into channel one and channel 2.

Now you get to experiment as to what combination of actual servo position, (Ch1 or Ch2 that the servos are fitted into, sometimes you may need to swap them around), in combination with whether or not the channel output needs to be reversed, (the servo direction) under the reverse section of the setup menu.

Have fun!
People like you save me in these projects, out of any hobby I have ever tried RC planes is by far the best, thank you so much for the help!!!

Have fun!
Oh, and I just found another thing that might be my fault and not the controller but I'll ask you anyway,
1. my right aileron sometimes when I let it down to fast will like bounce for about 2 seconds kind of vibrating around until it stops but if it's not touched it takes a while to stop.
2. I think you can help me with one but you want your ailerons to sit flat (or so I think) but I can only get mine to sit high and don't know how to change that. I have tried to mess with the endpoints but that only changes the highest and lowest point.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oh, and I just found another thing that might be my fault and not the controller but I'll ask you anyway,
1. my right aileron sometimes when I let it down to fast will like bounce for about 2 seconds kind of vibrating around until it stops but if it's not touched it takes a while to stop.
2. I think you can help me with one but you want your ailerons to sit flat (or so I think) but I can only get mine to sit high and don't know how to change that. I have tried to mess with the endpoints but that only changes the highest and lowest point.
Firstly the chattering servo is fighting against a pushrod or control hinge that is not free enough and is binding slightly.

With all of the transmitter trims centred you set the control surface centre position by adjusting the length of the pushrod/s individually.

have fun!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I don’t disagree the there could be some binding. Another possibility, there could be some kind of slop in the linkage. The slop could be anywhere. Try gently moving the control surface with your finger to test how much slop (free play) there is. My guess you can reproduce the bounce by giving the control surface a flick with your finger. As servos age they can develop backlash or slop in the gears. If your slop is in the servo, think about replacing it.

All flying wings require reflex, that is you don’t want your ailerons flat, you’ll lneed a small amount of up. Follow the FT recommendation as to where to set the ailerons.

Last edited: