help with wltoys f959

petgoat500

I recently bought a wltoys f959 and after 2 flights it seems extremely under powered. It does not climb at all, as if the prop on the back gives no thrust. I admit I am a newby when it comes to rc flying but I know I have tried everything. I made sure the battery was fully charged and I checked for damage on the propeller. 1 thing I did notice was when I threw the plane to hard the propeller came off. please help this is my ownly rc plane apart from the cub that got pulvarised by horses

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey Petgoat,

welcome to the forum. :)

I'm still waiting for my F959, so I can't give you any real life tips yet.

But does the prop look like it's turning the right way?
Can you feel it pushing forward when you throttle up the motor while still holding it?
Do the prop blades have numbers on them? If so, are they written on the side pointing to the nose of the plane?

If the prop fell of when throwing it, it might not sit tight on the motor shaft?

Perhaps you can make a photo of the prop and post it here?

Balu

petgoat500

help

When I put full throttle on , there is not that much thrust. The propeller is still spinning with great speed 20160122_100613.jpg 20160122_100633.jpg ATTACH=CONFIG]62148[/ATTACH]r 20160122_100633.jpg 20160122_100613.jpg

Attachments

• 20160122_101302.jpg
    20160122_101302.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hm. To me it looks like the part that goes over the motor shaft has some tears. How easy is it to get it off the shaft? But since you are saying it does turn pretty fast it should still provide some thrust...

Only idea I have is to use a very small drop of hot glue to make sure the prop doesn't slip. You should be able to use some alcohol later if you want to take it off again - just make sure you don't drop something on the foam.

Perhaps others have an idea too?

It is a fairly new plane. Do you still have warranty? I'm not sure if the Gearbest support is very good, but you can also try and contact them.

petgoat500

Hm. To me it looks like the part that goes over the motor shaft has some tears. How easy is it to get it off the shaft? But since you are saying it does turn pretty fast it should still provide some thrust...

Only idea I have is to use a very small drop of hot glue to make sure the prop doesn't slip. You should be able to use some alcohol later if you want to take it off again - just make sure you don't drop something on the foam.

Perhaps others have an idea too?

It is a fairly new plane. Do you still have warranty? I'm not sure if the Gearbest support is very good, but you can also try and contact them.
thanks and I will try