Here Comes Trouble

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Aspieman responded and said he is also in connection with other members I consider reputable. We'll see where that goes.

The other two überbalsa fans might just be speaking out of youthful arrogance or pride, like a sports fan that won't shut up about the Red Sox. But yes, if they are trying to find a sleeping bear to poke then one of us will surely give them a growl and then a swat if necessary.

Any news on the new forum?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Yikes. The uas registration thread is getting heated. Not out of hand yet in my opinion, but could be a tinder box. Can't say my lame attempt helped a few pages back.

Thanks for the updates, Jim, on Aspieman. I'll admit I've sort of given up out of frustration. That's just my own inadequacies.

Hmmm... the Red Sox. AtT least no one mentioned America's most hated team. The Pats!

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'll be honest here. Part of the reason that I allowed aspieman to continue to post is because a few of you have worked hard to reach out to him. Partly because it was easier to monitor him under this name, since he's been persistent in popping up under various other user names, and IP addresses. And when he returned after a ban, he was ruder and more offensive.

He's been participating more recently, and not in a positive way.

Today I sent him a PM:

Any political posts you make will be deleted.

In fact any discussion you enter that is about anything other than the fun, joy and happiness of RC flight will not only get deleted, but will have you banned.

The other moderators have worked with you over and over to try to let you participate with other people. It's clear you have a hard time socializing, and a few here have taken pity on you even with your rude and disrespectful behavior.

No other warnings will be given.

~Fred

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Fred, sounds reasonable.

Dunno if he'll take a final warning to heart -- we may get lucky -- but we can't say he hasn't been warned or given more grace than most. perhaps this time it will be just enough grace.

So . . . the trashfire that is UAS regulations . . . I'm just taking a glance, and there's more than enough said in there for at least one person to take a timeout. Why is it still open?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yeah... I should have weighed in before now.

As I mentioned in my post on that thread, I hate to appear to be censoring a topic. Worse yet, a "mentor" status member is involved in the debate. So, closing at the wrong point could appear to be taking sides in their favor.

My two posts in there will either redirect the conversation, or give me the cause to shut it down.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
And yeah... I banned Geeto.

He recognized I should have removed his comments that in his own words were "offensive" and then proceeded to repost the same comment that I had hidden for being offensive.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Apparently Aspie has received my PM, because he's reached out to at least one other forum member. He didn't elaborate. So I'm hoping it wasn't too offensive of a PM that he sent to this guy.