Here we go again!!!!!

baronbernie

For quite a while now, I have been flying ultra micros that are RTF ready and come with a supplied transmitter, plus a DX5e radio. Having purchased and built the swappable 3 pack planes, I now need a different transmitter that supports eleovan control for the FT Delta Swappable Plane. Yesterday in the mail I recieved my Hobby King OrangeRx T-Six 2.4 GHz DSMX 6 channel radio :D. After quickly thumbing through the manual, many questions came to mind and remembered that flitetest has many videos that could answer a few of these questons but there is much more to look into.

To be able to use the new radio intelegently, I would like to submit these questons that I have to help me understand just how to use these sections correctly.

First Question, what is a sub trim? I know how to trim a surface with the trim button, but do not understand what a "sub" trim is, and what it is used for?

Thank you for helping me understand.

Baron

IamNabil

Sub trim, if I understand correctly, is used to center the control surfaces before you start flying, so you don't lose trim travel in centering the flight surfaces. IE, if you use normal trim to center your rudder, then you lose a few clicks of available trim (because you have used them to center the surfaces.) If you use subtrim to center the rudder, then you still get the full ten (or whatever) clicks of trim for trimming in flight.

Carbon

Elemental Madness
let me re-phrase: get a 9x with an Frsky module. LOS as far as you can see and with a patch it is good for close range fpv

baronbernie

Okay, next question, does eash reciever require a seperate binding plug or can any plug be used to bind any reciever to a transmitter as long as it stays with its own brand? Eg. Futaba, Spectrum, Jr, etc. :confused:

Liemavick

Mentor
The binding plug is just a loop from the ground to the signal contact. As long as it fits into the Rx you should be good. I actually made a spare binding plug from a servo connector, snipped the wires and soldered the ground/signal wires together and it works like a charm.

aiidanwings

I lost three to my 9X, although to be fair, it was actually the receivers.

I lost three to spektrum ( actually it was interference).

Dozens to trees, antennas, a cow, wind, bad flying, theft, dead batteries, wrong batteries, poor design...

baronbernie

The binding plug is just a loop from the ground to the signal contact. As long as it fits into the Rx you should be good. I actually made a spare binding plug from a servo connector, snipped the wires and soldered the ground/signal wires together and it works like a charm.

Thanx Liemavick, making your own plug was brilliant. I have so many binding plugs I don't remember which plug belongs to which reciever :confused:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Okay, next question, does eash reciever require a seperate binding plug or can any plug be used to bind any reciever to a transmitter as long as it stays with its own brand? Eg. Futaba, Spectrum, Jr, etc. :confused:

I found myself far from home and without a bind plug. I wanted to fly but my rx had lost it's binding. So I had an old tail light bulb, which I broke, took some of the element wire from it and bent up a jumper that worked long enough to rebind my gear.

aiidanwings

I found myself far from home and without a bind plug. I wanted to fly but my rx had lost it's binding. So I had an old tail light bulb, which I broke, took some of the element wire from it and bent up a jumper that worked long enough to rebind my gear.

I keep a spare bind plug inside my tr battery compartment.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I do that with my main radio... but this was a DX5 that I just leave in the box with my Radian. Lesson learned... I hope.