Hexacopter punchout

nilsen

Hi all!

I went out for an evening flight on Sunday evening with my large hex with gimbal.
Lately I have been enjoying the fpv experience flying the large hex with fatsharks and the gopro with Gimbal, it's very calming and feels somehow like meditation, about 15 minutes flight on a single battery, you can certainly go quite a while :)

For those of you who haven't ever seen it mentioned earlier on the thread.

Specs:
Tarot FY980 frame
APM 2.6
Turnigy Multistar 700kv pankake
Jdrones-Simonk reflashed 30amp ESC's
13x3.8 CF props
4s 6000 mAh battery

Picture:

hex.jpg

Anyway, I though I would try a punchout as I've actually never done it and it was surprisingly fast considering the relatively large props. The Gimbal tried it's best but sometimes hickuped a little against the acceleration.

What's also interesting is the fact that I need some more "I" in my tuning as you can see the hex spin on the yaw access upon full acceleration.

Hope you enjoy this quick post.

Cheers!

nilsen

Thanks Guys!

I will have to do more once the weather clears up, I do worry a little bit thought as normally this is only a hovering ship with waypoint autonomous flying or simply hanging in the air doing photography jops and occasional "follow me" type shots.

I remember one of the esc's is a 20 amp, the others all 30 amp, I always worry with those kind of punch-outs that the esc will cook and down comes the whole thing.

Oh well, no risk, no reward.

Quad

That is really cool! Both the build and the story. You might consider a WarpQuad 230 for punchouts. Might save you some heart ache...