Hexacopter using Multiwii (Crius AIOP), DT750 motors and carrying a GoPro

tecdux

After building a tricopter and then a quadcopter (Hquad) I decided to buy more ESCs e motors and make an hexacopter.

I'm using DT750 with 10x4.5 props and 2 2200mah batteries (3 ESC for each). The flight controller is a Crius All in One Pro V1.0 running Multiwii 2.1

I didn't tuned the PID, they are default

I'm carrying a GoPro and it's flying really well

I';m going to replace the props for larger ones for better efficiency and thrust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9-L0uas58&hd=1

tecdux

Around 6min, too low

I need to use bigger propellers because they are more efficient and also get a higher amps battery to fly longer hhehhe

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Around 6min, too low

I need to use bigger propellers because they are more efficient and also get a higher amps battery to fly longer hhehhe

I am planning on using 2 2200mAh's for a DT750 quadcopter. Its cheaper than 1 4500mAh with less discharge capacity!

tecdux

I prefer too 2 batteries instead of one, since if one battery fails, the other still has some charge to allow some control and landing

I've already had a quadcopter (Hquad) with DT750 and 10x4.5 props.
I could carry FPV TX, camera (security, not GoPro) and just 1 battery (Turnigy 2200mah 25c 3s).
I think that mine setup wouldn't lift 2 battery (each one weights 200g). May be if I used 12x3.8 props

Take a look at my youtube channels, it has some videos of this quad flying :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/tecdux

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Nice one Bernardo !! we want more videos !!

we could arrange a flying meeting in the neighborhood !! ill invite my flying mates and you invite yours, its a shame we live so close to each other and never met !

Lets promote the multirotor community in Rio de Janeiro hahahhaha !

tecdux

Huahhahhaha i agree!

What happens is that i fly each day in one place hhehhe

I've already tried nipa, camboinhas, fundão, aterro do flamengo..... ;)

Where have you been flying kkarioka?