Hexacopter yaws by itself and oscillates.

jbloam

My hex started yawing ccw slowly and won't stop. It also oscillates uncontrollably when I yaw cw when I try to counteract it. I've noticed that all of my ccw motors get extremely hot, while the cw are barely warm. I'm thinking I have a bad motor or maybe esc I'm not really sure. Any help would be appreciated.

My setup:
Tarot fy680 frame
RCMC 1000kv
30a esc
10x4.5" prop
2x 3s 5000mah (10000mah)
Naza m lite

Last edited:

DDSFlyer

Welcome to the forums!
What FC are you running? Random first thought with the limited info is the props.

Have you had the props off recently? Changed anything?
Have you checked your props are on the right way and motors are spinning the right way?
Are the props loose?

Andrew

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Check if you have any props on backwards. All the text on the props should be facing upward.

I'm suggesting this because if you put on a prop backwards, it'll still work but very inefficient, hence the motor has to work harder (gets hot) and I wouldn't be surprised if the faster spinning / inefficient props induce some weird torque effects.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
My hex started yawing ccw slowly and won't stop. It also oscillates uncontrollably when I yaw cw when I try to counteract it. I've noticed that all of my ccw motors get extremely hot, while the cw are barely warm. I'm thinking I have a bad motor or maybe esc I'm not really sure. Any help would be appreciated.

My setup:
Tarot fy680 frame
RCMC 1000kv
30a esc
10x4.5" prop
2x 3s 5000mah (10000mah)
Naza m lite

Make sure:

- the copter has to be absolutely still and level right after plugging in the battery. Some landing gear are too flexy and let the copter wiggle while arming. This is bad, will produce weird uncontrolled flight/unstable yaw.

- calibrate the compass (if you have one)

- make sure all motors are mounted level to the frame, not tilting in any direction. Check that your motors are all in good condition (no cogging, easy to spin)

- make sure craft is balanced on the CG!