Help! Hey everyone! Got a question regarding the FT Bushwacker

hdodevski

First of all, as a new member to the community i would like to greet you all. I'm pretty new to the hobby, I've only been scratch building for a few months. Right now, I'm working on the FT Bushwacker, and i am planning to do the flaperons configuration, so I'm not going to split the ailerons into two. From the Flite test video I am pretty certain that for the flaperons config I need to cut the "yellow" line (On the photo. I will insert a photo for better understanding), but still I wanted to ask if I should cut the "yellow" line or the "red" line for the flaperons. My concern is that if I cut the "yellow" line the aileron is going to bend mid-flight because the servo is positioned more to the end of the wing. Should I be concerned about this, or maybe make the ailerons out of other material than foam? Also, I've been wanting to get into semi-long range flying, so any suggestions about a scratch build that would be good for "long" range will be appreciated. With all respect, Hristijan. :)
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
First of all, as a new member to the community i would like to greet you all. I'm pretty new to the hobby, I've only been scratch building for a few months. Right now, I'm working on the FT Bushwacker, and i am planning to do the flaperons configuration, so I'm not going to split the ailerons into two. From the Flite test video I am pretty certain that for the flaperons config I need to cut the "yellow" line (On the photo. I will insert a photo for better understanding), but still I wanted to ask if I should cut the "yellow" line or the "red" line for the flaperons. My concern is that if I cut the "yellow" line the aileron is going to bend mid-flight because the servo is positioned more to the end of the wing. Should I be concerned about this, or maybe make the ailerons out of other material than foam? Also, I've been wanting to get into semi-long range flying, so any suggestions about a scratch build that would be good for "long" range will be appreciated. With all respect, Hristijan. :) View attachment 232030 View attachment 232030

Welcome to the Forum!
Yes, just cut at the yellow line for full ailerons. As far as them bending, there will be only a small amount of flex, and will not cause issues while flying. If you want to make them more rigid, you could embed carbon fiber strips to reduce flex.

hdodevski

Welcome to the Forum!
Yes, just cut at the yellow line for full ailerons. As far as them bending, there will be only a small amount of flex, and will not cause issues while flying. If you want to make them more rigid, you could embed carbon fiber strips to reduce flex.
Thank you very much!