Hey guys...

FlyingFishy

Hi, my name is Jon... I gained an interest in planes from my dad. He was in the air force reserves until my sister and I came along. He had quite a fleet of plastic models, mostly WWII stuff. I figured it would be neat to do rc flight, but didn't think it was possible on my budget, the fear of crashing several hundred dollars worth of airplane is a little unnerving, but then I stumbled onto a flite test video on YouTube a couple weeks ago... found the free plans on the website and fired up the printer right away. My first choice was the old fogey. Most reviews claim it's an easy flier and I like its looks. I bought extra foam board (in case of mistakes) but construction was super easy, so I ended up with a bunch of extra foam. I figured I would build a free-flight glider to have something to fly while I wait for funding for the electronics for the fogey, so I whipped up a tiny trainer with the glider nose and no electronics. Of course it's too windy and cold outside to try the glider, so I don't know how well it flies...

Can't wait for tax returns to come through so I can get the old fogey in the air...

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Too windy? Sounds like here in Maine. It's been windy all day.

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

FlyingFishy

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, here in southeast Wisconsin we've had sustained winds of around 15mph with gusts in the 20-30mph range. With that wind and temps around 30 degrees with no sun I didn't feel like being outside trying to throw a glider... hopefully the weather will be calmer tomorrow...

Gonna get some pics up soon of my planes...

Jon

FlyingFishy

IMG_2681.JPG

Here's the tiny trainer.

I know that pics can tend to be rather large from my phone. Is there a limit, or a general rule on what's acceptable as far as size?

Jon

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
my camera shoots 4k x3k and I just open it in paint and shrink it down to 25%. That puts it right around 1000 X 750 at just under 200kb and they always post fine. I don't know the exact limitations off the top of my head though.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
There is a limit on upload size, so I would say if it does upload, you are fine. Personally, I like the larger size photos. That way, if I want to see a construction detail, I can click the photo, and then zoom in.

Nice build, by the way! I just made a powered Tiny Trainer. I had one before, but I decided to use the parts elsewhere. But, I was thinking about what plane I might want to carry in the car all the time, and I think the TT is a good choice. It's a nice size, but with the wing(s) removed, it does not take up much space.

Mike

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Kinda reminds me of Quickdraw McGraw or the one with Augy Doggy and Doggy Daddy.. for get the name of that one..Don't get old..

FlyingFishy

Yeah, as soon as my wife said "it needs a face" it immediately clicked in my head that it looked like a cartoon character... to me it looks like a dog. Gonna have to think of a clever name for it!