Hey! I'm new... Building the Simple Cub... Got some Problems...

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Oh, shoot! Vertical down, they looked like cut outs! Wow. That's food for thought. D8veh, well done, man! Hai-Lee, thank you. Not only have we hopefully helped the OP, you two have taught me to look at a pic, taken from a certain angle and recognize what it is from a different angle. Not really, not mastered, but I've learned from my mistake. I hope.

For the OP? He had all that, and the paper still broke on his tests. Suggestions for him?
I think the scoring of the fold cuts will provide enough give in the FB for him to bend it the required amount without tearing the paper!

have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
Using a BBQ to score the cuts will help you make them bend without ripping the paper on the other side. Just gently pass it through.

RavinduShashika

Oh, shoot! Vertical down, they looked like cut outs! Wow. That's food for thought. D8veh, well done, man! Hai-Lee, thank you. Not only have we hopefully helped the OP, you two have taught me to look at a pic, taken from a certain angle and recognize what it is from a different angle. Not really, not mastered, but I've learned from my mistake. I hope.

For the OP? He had all that, and the paper still broke on his tests. Suggestions for him?
What you can see are the top edges of the wing spars that he has already glued in place.
The Simple cub has 2 parallel spars, plus a wing rear underside piece to seal the wing.
In the approx middle of the wing is the dual bevel which makes the Wing LE when folded!

Have fun!

Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply. Hai-Lee that worked..... I finished it last month..... Actually I wasted 4 months. And Thank you guys very much. I haven't flown it yet.