Hey, just starting in the hobby. which speedbuild kit should I choose?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I think the FT Tiny trainer is big enough. It's really not "tiny". Almost a 40 inch wingspan. And it can handle wind because it's a sailplane airframe. In fact, it's my favorite for windy days for that very reason. Put the polyhedral wing on and you can just about fall asleep with it gliding 400 feet in the air.

My opinion.🤷‍♂️

No, it's valid. I just see guys trying to start out with these little itty bitty planes like the Mini Scout or a UMX Timber, and then they lose it in the sky when they start flying it "3 mistakes high", or have it blown around when they get anything above a light breeze pop up.

Headbang

Master member
I still stand by the explorer as first plane. Replaceable nose, prop is always off the ground, bigger, modular, 3 or 4 channel, grows with your skill.
That said FT says tiny trainer, and who am I to argue with a proven system?

FDS

Elite member
Bigger is better IMO. The mini scout is small. Plus it can’t be made 4 channel. The Tiny Trainer or full size scout would be my choice. Tiny Trainers versatility is amazing, it dies glider, 3ch trainer, 4ch trainer and 2s or 3s for more power.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Bigger is better IMO. The mini scout is small. Plus it can’t be made 4 channel. The Tiny Trainer or full size scout would be my choice. Tiny Trainers versatility is amazing, it dies glider, 3ch trainer, 4ch trainer and 2s or 3s for more power.
You can even add 4s with power pack F and climb at an insane rate.

Reactions: FDS