Hey...

pccharlie

Hi, i have been watching ft YouTube for about a month now, i am really enjoying watching it, i have been trying some of the different building plans most recently the mini sparrow. in fact this is one of the main reasons why i joined the forums. i am using some electronics off of an old plane that was destroyed in a crash, luckily none of the electrics where dammed so i decided to use them on the mini sparrow but my transmitter dose not support v tail mixing. i have though of adding ailerons. but before i do this is was going to inquire here first. before i start dissecting the model.
so if anyone has any ideas it would be very much appreciated thanks, charlie

kdobson83

No idea. Maybe wait for a more experienced person to help ya. You could try programing it like a Delta wing, just reverse your ailerons. I'm pretty sure they function similarly except the control surfaces move little different. If you don't have V-tail try it. Does your TX have reversing capabilities?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
If you can do a delta mix, then go for it.

Or you could modify it to have a standard tail.

If you decide on ailerons, you can make a split control rod to manage both sides of the V tail at the same time.