Hi...and looking for compatable receiver

Pracman

Have seen old threads and posts about compatable receivers for the Turnigy TGY 9x transmitter. There don't seem to be any of the original turnigy receivers available, so looking for the Flysky compatable ones.
I'm new to all this, but trying to fly powered foamie and a glider, so looking for second receiver.
Confused by all the FS options advertised, but gather some are for cars and boats but aircraft ones need more range. Don't need more than 4 channels on the glider.
Have seen FS 6RB and iA6B and iA6, but can anyone tell me which ones will work with the old Tunnigy.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Don't go by brand name, go by protocol. The Turnigy 9x and actually pretty much all turnigy gear uses AFHDS. Any reciever from any brand name supporting AFHDS will work fine with your transmitter though will have wildly different capabilities concerning things like refresh rate and range.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Check which protocol it has, newer ones are AFHDS 2A, which doesn’t work with AFHDS.

bracesport

Legendary member
the iA6 and iA6B are 2a and compatible with the TGY 9x - the iA6 and iA6B are branded both TGY and FS

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.19.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 8.21.06 PM.png

Pracman

Check which protocol it has, newer ones are AFHDS 2A, which doesn’t work with AFHDS.
You are quite right. Found out the hard way... will not bind. Am in Aust... stocks seem to have dwindled due to freight slowdown.

Pracman

The transmitter is TGY 9X. I've tried binding using all the tips and youtube vids but but it won't bind to the ia6b.
Will look for receiver with just the AFHDS protocol.

leaded50

Legendary member
its saidTGY9X uses the AFHDS 2A protocol, iA6 is AFHDS 2A , iA6B is also AFHDS 2A . The R6B is not ( just AFHDS)

leaded50

Legendary member
The transmitter module can be replaced ... whats in yours..?

And... the model have changed. Now it depends on what you have as bracesport asked

Pracman

And... the model have changed. Now it depends on what you have as bracesport asked

Yes, it's an older one with a RF9X-V2 module. It has been fine with my foamie, but I wanted to also fly a glider...hence question about compatable receivers. I'm a complete novice to RC, so have no idea about changing transmitter modules and other mods I've seen on YouTube. Would just be happy to find a suitable receiver.

Pracman

Yes, it's an older one with a RF9X-V2 module. It has been fine with my foamie, but I wanted to also fly a glider...hence question about compatable receivers. I'm a complete novice to RC, so have no idea about changing transmitter modules and other mods I've seen on YouTube. Would just be happy to find a suitable receiver
Any Rx using the original AFDHS protocol work with your Tr.
None of newer protocols will work with your Tx. AFDHS 2, 3, etc.

I have had great results using this multi protocol module with my 9x transmitter. I don’t worry about compatibility any more.

https://m.banggood.com/buy/multiprotocol-tx-module.html
Thnx for that... am I right in assuming it's the module for $12.59 for Frsky and Flysky etc ?....cos about 12 items crop up on that page. Are there any vids about installation ?

daxian

Elite member
irangex 4 or irangex4+ is the one you will need ...with it you can use virtually any reciever on the market ...
and yes there are loads of vids out there ...google multi protocol module !!! i have had one for 3 years, well worth the money ...

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
So both are available... is the 4+ worth the extra $10 over the 4 ? Keen to order, even knowing stuff out of China is taking forever.
I have the one with the dial on the back, which is used to select the protocol. The other one, without the dial is for something like OpenTX, where you select the protocol through the software.