Help! Hi everyone I need some help with planes.

I have a qx7 I use with fpv drones and I want to get into planes but most bnf use spectrum so should I get a module or just buy new receivers. The plane I was looking at was the micro radian but I am open to suggestions.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
you can get planes that you supply your own receiver (and just get an approprate matching reciever for your radio). You can even grab one of FliteTest's speed build kits and build it yourself (something I highly recommend).

you can get planes that you supply your own receiver (and just get an approprate matching reciever for your radio). You can even grab one of FliteTest's speed build kits and build it yourself (something I highly recommend).
Can I ask you some questions on discord as that would be the best?

JasonK

Ahh... yes that is an issue... (why are all the TX companies so big on vendor lock in instead of open protocols)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
If you want a radian, get the bigger PNP one. That way you can buy a receiver that works with your transmitter for it. You won’t be able to bind your qx-7 to the micro radian.

So If I build a power pack can I swap it with a receiver from plane to plan all I need for another plane is new servos and the plane and from there its plug and play with the power pack right?

JasonK

So If I build a power pack can I swap it with a receiver from plane to plan all I need for another plane is new servos and the plane and from there its plug and play with the power pack right?

That is the point of the swapable/power packs, yes. I have built 3 planes so far (and have a 4th on my bench) with Flight test power packs, have reused one (servos and all) for one of the planes (a complete rebuild from crashing it so much).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yes - you can move the receiver between planes. Just have separate models stored on your transmitter for each plane and bind the receiver to the particular model when you go to fly it.

JasonK

I just used google on the description and got a hit on walmart and amazon (so some google searching might find an alternate source)